Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Custom turkey strikers

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Dude I almost hate to even comment on your newest strikers, you know I'm a fan of your work and I think your an artist when it comes to your talent in turning a REAL striker... With that said I'm not a fan of 2 piece strikers but your starting to change my way of thinking. Your onto something that has a lot of promise in a hobby that could put you into an elite group of one of the best call makers in Ohio.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Dude I almost hate to even comment on your newest strikers, you know I'm a fan of your work and I think your an artist when it comes to your talent in turning a REAL striker... With that said I'm not a fan of 2 piece strikers but your starting to change my way of thinking. Your onto something that has a lot of promise in a hobby that could put you into an elite group of one of the best call makers in Ohio.
Preciate that, Holdren. I'll be getting my hands on some macassar ebony blanks big enough for one piece strikers pretty soon, hopefully. The Padauk/ebony definitely isn't your run of the mill two piece, it looks good, and runs like a champ. A buddy of mine apparently subscribes to my YouTube, he texted me earlier asking how much I wanted for one of the Padauk/Ebony two piece, he placed an order lol. After talking with Mark Cornelius of MAC calls, it sounds like it's going to take some time before I get a good pot call worthy of selling. He said it took him 3 years to make a good one, and 5 to turn really good ones. Won't be long til I start making them. As ate up as I am with these strikers now, I think I can get a good pot call out in a year, and just keep improving, but it ain't leaving my garage unless it sounds like a slut hen.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Another thing I forgot to mention is I have quite a few cut off pieces of various exotic woods that I didn't know what to do with. Figured I might as well make a few two piece strikers using them. I hate letting it go to waste. I have inch long pieces saved, who knows wtf I'll do with those but I can't just toss them lol. And I also want to enter some calling contests, but I have to master the kee kee run first, I'm slowly getting there with the snakewood striker.

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
IMG_20171006_084411593.jpg

Tulipwood and macassar ebony