Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cva or tc

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Dude I have a TC Omega thumb hole stock w/Bushnell 3X9 that ill punch 2" groups at 100 yds. all day long! It's a great rifle. I even put a Limb Saver Recoile pad on her. Have thought of selling along with all the other guns I put up for sale but, there is always a but you know. It's so dang much fun to shoot! :smiley_clap:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I'll start by saying I'm a big T/C fan.

The Encore will be more expensive, but it will also retain it value better.
The Encore has the ability to change bbls for other uses, this might no be important to you but it is a part of the reason they retain value.
T/C has a lifetime warranty for the original owner and has a history of giving exceptional service.
I haven't shot an Accura but it just doesn't feel as good in the hands(totally subjective)

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
For what it's worth....I just started Muzzy this season, very happy with my Knight Wolverine.
Really like the double-safety feature.

But as I did my studyin' on the subject, I was pretty much convinced I was gonna get a T/C and still would with complete confidence.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
For what it's worth....I just started Muzzy this season, very happy with my Knight Wolverine.
Really like the double-safety feature.

Dan you do know your trigger is adjustable right? I've adjusted mine and it makes a little better grouping and I like the lighter trigger....

CdBurner

If I was getting a T/C, I would want one that was made in the Rochester plant that S/W just closed. The original plant.

i have always shot cva's and they are nice guns and really accurate , i shot my buddies tc pro hunter it was just as accurate but got more distance , then i shot my other friends traditions pursuit , we made a 485 yard shots on a 2 foot by 2 foot piece of cardboard crappy gruoping but they were all in a line up and down

he was shooting off hand to , so that might have had a play in it , but for 200 yards and under that traditions was very accurate , sub one inch group out to 75 , 1 1/2 inch out to 125 , and 2 inch out to 200 , it surprised me

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
He was hitting a 2'X2' target at almost 500 yards offhand with muzzleloader and you are saying the group wasn't good???rotflmao

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
LOL... I wouldn't even waste a bullet attempting a free had shot at 500 yds... I could probably hit a barn, but not a 2x2 piece of cardboard!