Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Damn Coon!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
He is definitely a smart one. I have a live trap sitting beside my trash cans that this bastard keeps getting in, he will reach in the sides and pull whatever I put in there out the sides, but wont go in the front. When he gets fed up with that he jumps in my garbage can and proceeds to rip the crap out of my garbage bags. Any suggestions?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
dangle the bait from the middle of the trap from a string

That won't work. They can reach almost all the way across the trap from the outside. You would be surprised how far those little arms can stretch lol.

What I would do is take a can of tuna or cat food and just poke some holes in the lid so the smell gets out. Take some of the liquid and drip out a little at the door and set the can in the middle right behind the trigger.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
That won't work. They can reach almost all the way across the trap from the outside. You would be surprised how far those little arms can stretch lol.

What I would do is take a can of tuna or cat food and just poke some holes in the lid so the smell gets out. Take some of the liquid and drip out a little at the door and set the can in the middle right behind the trigger.

I will give it a try cause I want to remove him from my area as soon as possible, thanks....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I built a 4 sided box to put over the back end of the trap...bait the trap and then put the box over it....they have to go in to get the goodies

That's handy too if you get a skunk - you can approach the trap from the box end and they can't see you, then you throw a tarp over it

Dang coons

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Some pics from the last couple of days.

them taunting me

saying their last good byes

momma walking away after many failed attempts of getting him free.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
No wonder they keep coming back, you're too lazy to put the lid on the can! LMAO

Like the others said, cover up the end with the bait so he has to go in.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HA! Damn Aaron, just put the lid on the damn can!!! LOL!!! :smiley_crocodile:

I saw the title and thought someone stole your bike...

rotflmao

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Last week when I was checkin my cams a young coon ran down a tree and started to run away from me. Luckily the .380 auto was on my hip. Hit him right in the ass. 30 seconds later... Done. I put him in front of the trail cam to try to catch a yote on cam. Damned moultrie. No yote and no coon.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Last week when I was checkin my cams a young coon ran down a tree and started to run away from me. Luckily the .380 auto was on my hip. Hit him right in the ass. 30 seconds later... Done. I put him in front of the trail cam to try to catch a yote on cam. Damned moultrie. No yote and no coon.

Maybe it was a ninja yote or the coon has risen.