Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

deer sloppy joe

swamp_donkey819

DEER SLOPPY JOE

thought some others might enjoy this recipe, turns out real good. sorry i couldnt upload pics but hope ya`ll enjoy this ............ingrediants-
3tbls-vinegar
2tbls-sugar
1tbls worchershire sauce
1 and a 1/2 lb- deer burger
3/4 cup ketchup
1 and a 1/2 tbls mustard
1/2-1 whole cup onions finely chopped..........

cook onions and burger till onions are clear and tender. and burger is browned. add rest of ingredients and cook to blend. about 10-15 min.

hope ya`ll enjoy

swamp_donkey819

hey no problem, im actually cookin some right now i had this stuff about 7 years ago and its been a favorite, sometimes you gotta adjust the vinegar to taste but it turns out really good. had a buddy who refuses to eat deer meat and he had 4 sandwhiches of this stuff

swamp_donkey819

hey no problem bud, im gonna be gettin a few more recipes that ill prolly put on here, just gotta dig em up. if my shredded deer meat sandwhiches turn out good ill put that on here to. got some killer catfish recipes as well

DEER SLOPPY JOE

thought some others might enjoy this recipe, turns out real good. sorry i couldnt upload pics but hope ya`ll enjoy this ............ingrediants-
3tbls-vinegar
2tbls-sugar
1tbls worchershire sauce
1 and a 1/2 lb- deer burger
3/4 cup ketchup
1 and a 1/2 tbls mustard
1/2-1 whole cup onions finely chopped..........

cook onions and burger till onions are clear and tender. and burger is browned. add rest of ingredients and cook to blend. about 10-15 min.

hope ya`ll enjoy

Also good if you substitute brown sugar for the normal sug

swamp_donkey819

ill have to try that next time i make them....does anyone have a good jerky marinade i want kinda like a spicy barbeque style marinade i tried online but its like its own seperate grocery list to get the ingredients

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My wife makes some killer "Sloppy does". I have no idea what the recipe is, but they never last long once on the table. The kids love calling them "sloppy does" instead of "Sloppy Joes."

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Sloppy Does is a regular for me to supply at the yearly super bowl party. Always good eats, can't go wrong, and the sloppier the better.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My wife makes some killer "Sloppy does". I have no idea what the recipe is, but they never last long once on the table. The kids love calling them "sloppy does" instead of "Sloppy Joes."

We think alike! I've called it Sloppy Does for at least 15 years. Lol

I've always used my grandmas recipe and added a slice of cold American cheese on top. Good shit!