Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Diablo 2010 Buck

Diablo54

Outside
It happened for me this morning. I set up and had just gotten my camera mounted to the tree when a doe came in right under my stand she smelled the base of my tree then looked up and knew something wasn't right. A few minutes later a spike buck came through and then a six point which I debated on shooting came through. I thought about shooting it because it's left side wrapped down and under its mouth. They left and this whole time behind me it sounded like there were deer chasing on the hill. 30 minutes later I see that the six point and spike are coming back down to me so I stand up and grab my bow. They are 20 yds in front of me Then I hear something coming in behind me at a steady walk. I look down through the holes in my climber and all i see is rack. I picked my spot and let one fly. It hit perfect and the buck ran 50 yards and fell over. I got both lungs. Not bad for the first buck with the widow.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
That's very impressive to take a buck like that with a traditional bow. Congratulations on a fine buck. It's also neat to see someone as young as yourself accomplish this, way to go!

rrr

That's awesome, congrats on the buck. And on the trad kill...crazy stuff!

By the time you are Coonie's age you will have a house full of trophies... ;)

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
That's very impressive to take a buck like that with a traditional bow. Congratulations on a fine buck. It's also neat to see someone as young as yourself accomplish this, way to go!

I second that. Wish I was doing that shit when I was your age. Makes me look forward to kids. I'd be an accomplished man if I had a son that was capable of the same feat. Well done...

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Great work Diablo! What a great buck. And even more impressive with the recurve. You are the man. So impressed.

Diablo54

Outside
Thanks guys I'll always remember that hunt. I caped him out riverdude I have done european before and really regretted it.

It was cool watching him fall down. Killing all those does taught me some good lessons and helped me be succsessfull on this hunt.

Good luck to you guys