Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Diesel truck info.

Diablo54

Outside
I bought a cummins last night for ya Joe. Selling my chevy, you can come buy it

IMG_5236.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ha! You'd have to pay me a maintenance fee to own it. Kind of like boarding a horse, pay me to house it, feed it and walk it as well as vet bills when she gets sick.
Umm. . . Then what diesel are you looking for? They are all expensive to purchase and maintain. When they break they are more expensive too.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yes sir! Mines ate another trans this weak. Number 4 in 4 months...at least it didn't explode this time.

Whaaaaaat? I really think you have the worst luck ever with this truck. Didn't you have a dealer offering ridiculous trade in awhile back? Kicking yourself harder now?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Transmission just went out in my brothers excursion diesel. Doesn't even tow anything

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Since this thread has derailed so much, I figured I'd throw this up for show. Due to so many maintenance problems and cost on all our current light diesels , we went back to a gasser. It's a new trend that you're starting to see in the fire service. Just like any trend There all ways changing, and I'm sure we will be running on unicorn farts next time around.
IMG_1671.jpg

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Most company trucks are gas now. These new diesels can't idle.

They sure can, it's the 500ppm shitty fuel the government requires us to run. Just like anything, more lube needed.

And Giles, you serious on the fried tranny?!?! I'd be finding a new shop!