Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DIY Bird Launcher AKA Zinger Winger Knock-Off

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Does this winger fold up like the zinger winger and the gunners up wingers do?
The legs fold up flat against themselves, but the "U" doesn't fold up without removing a bolt. If you used wing-nuts that would be pretty painless. What I do is just leave the "U" in the locked position and fold the legs. It doesn't make them take up all that much more room and it gives me something to hang them by in my garage.

Btw, I sent you a PM. Good luck.

Redhunter

This was the best thread I have read in a long time. I needed a bumper thrower and didn't want to spend $800 or more. I built one based on this thread for $153.00, workes perfectly. Made electronics from cheap Car Door lock kit from Ebay for $18.00 and it works perfectly to give me 300 ft of throwing. Worked my labs on it Friday and Saturday. Thank you so much. I will be building 7 more in the coming couple of weeks to work multiple Marks.
final.jpg6.jpg

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Reactions: triple_duece
Where did you get the multi-channel remote? Your remote path was the same way I've been going but I'm having trouble finding a multi channel transceiver with enough range AND enough relays. I finally found one place , rapidrelays.com, and they had a 8 channel 2000M set, but after I called them and gave them my credit card to order it, my credit card got filled with orders to Lowes.com and they're not answering the phone, so I'm looking for another route and found your thread.

Thanks,
Jon
Sierra Valley Labs

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Where did you get the multi-channel remote? Your remote path was the same way I've been going but I'm having trouble finding a multi channel transceiver with enough range AND enough relays. I finally found one place , rapidrelays.com, and they had a 8 channel 2000M set, but after I called them and gave them my credit card to order it, my credit card got filled with orders to Lowes.com and they're not answering the phone, so I'm looking for another route and found your thread.

Thanks,
Jon
Sierra Valley Labs

Amazon. They have everything... Literally. Lol

Jknight141

Kentucky
Hey is there anyway I could get the dimensions on the top back to back 90 and the length on the angled conduit. Plan on putting 2 together today

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hey is there anyway I could get the dimensions on the top back to back 90 and the length on the angled conduit. Plan on putting 2 together today
No problem. The top back to back 90 is basically 22” square on the inside (22”x22” opening). The longest leg is 48” and the shorter leg is 34”. Hope this helps. Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: giles and 5Cent

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hey guys I know this is an old thread but does anyone have an updated blue print plan or some size dimensions. Any help would be appreciated thank yall
Sorry, I never really had an actual blueprint. Just kind of brainstormed and threw them together. I wanna say the opening of the launcher “mouth” was like 24” x 24” or close to that. I got rid of them this summer so unfortunately I can’t provide the actual measurements to you.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang. I’m always one minute too late. Well if you have any pics will you email them to me. Also did they work good
Yea, sorry. They worked pretty darn well. Not as good as the actual Zinger or Gunners Up brand wingers, but pretty good. The only pictures I have of them are what is on the first page of this thread.