Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Do you guys realize?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I cut out a trail Sunday. I was hoping to not start this stuff but it's a sickness. Gotta move some stands and clear some more trails. The drop in temps has my mind wondering farther from fish and back on deer...dangit! I'm gonna fish this fall, I'm gonna fish this fall, I'm gonna fish this fall!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Somebody said today that they heard on the radio that if there are numerous foggy mornings in August it will be a snowy winter. Anybody ever hear that one? It's been pretty foggy here lately in the valley. I'll take cold temps in October and snow in November. I miss those days!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Talked with the owner of a propane supplier last week. Its kinda his business to figure out what kind of winter we are going to have. He said from his source they said winter was going to come early and go long, with avereage to below average temps and be wet.

I cam only hope so.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I added a new form fitting seat to my stand I picked up 2 weeks ago. I got a tree picked out and need to cut a shooting lane.
Frank

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If memory serves me correctly, it snowed during the rut in 2005. If it wasn't during the rut, it was just after. I know the lakes were partially frozen during gun season because the buck I shot that year tried to go across thin ice after my first hit and he fell through. That sucked wading out to drag him in. A tit nipply!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I think you are right Cotty on 2005, if not it was 2006. I was in the stand and saw bucks on their feet all day!! It was the best year bar none I've ever had in the stand.

ohio
Somebody said today that they heard on the radio that if there are numerous foggy mornings in August it will be a snowy winter. Anybody ever hear that one? It's been pretty foggy here lately in the valley. I'll take cold temps in October and snow in November. I miss those days!

I'm with ya!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
It's all working out to where I'm gonna hunt opening day. That will be a first for me, probably be bad juju. But I'm doing it anyway.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Opening day down here. Hotter than hell, but I am headed out for an evening hunt. I am so fired up that I don't even car that it's 90 degrees. No huntin tomorrow, but all day Monday!! Gonna be so awesome. I'll start a thread in a bit to give the blow by blow and pass the time.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Opening day down here. Hotter than hell, but I am headed out for an evening hunt. I am so fired up that I don't even car that it's 90 degrees. No huntin tomorrow, but all day Monday!! Gonna be so awesome. I'll start a thread in a bit to give the blow by blow and pass the time.

Sweet! Looking forward to the updates Willy!