Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Do you see the Silva knockout?!?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Seriously, it does not get a whole lot better than this!!!

[video=youtube;M4ABUf9o-DY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4ABUf9o-DY&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Happened so quick I didn't see it until the replay, that was pin point accuracy by Silva. I personally would like to see him get beat, but after the last few fights I don't see it happening any time soon. Only chance I see is if he changes weight classes and fights GSP.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I was really dissapointed in the entire fight card. We went out to watch at the local watering hole and tolerated all of the idiots in there for hours to see a bunch of lack luster performances and a one kick knockout. I thought Belfort was a bad ass and he got rocked. Barely even threw a punch.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I was really dissapointed in the entire fight card. We went out to watch at the local watering hole and tolerated all of the idiots in there for hours to see a bunch of lack luster performances and a one kick knockout. I thought Belfort was a bad ass and he got rocked. Barely even threw a punch.

Yeah I don't remember too much of the night to be honest, but I know there wasn't nothing too impressive. But that could be due to the fact that I didn't leave my garage where we watched the fight until 5:40 Sunday AM. I had to ask who won the first couple fights the next day. LOL

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yeah GSP is supposedly fighting Shields at the April 30 event in Toronto. If he wins, Either GSP has to move up to 185 and fight or I would see them agreeing on a 182-183 lb "catch weight" fight rather than having GSP move up a weight class, because he would have to surrender his title. Either way I see it as being a fight of the decade between the two.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I guess I am not as dissappointed as most. Jones totally busted Bader's ass, I was really impressed with his performance and his post fight interview. The Franklin fight didn't suprise anyone and the Torres fight showed me that he has learned from his wrecklessness and is showing that he has more paitents. I was also impressed with Cerrone's win over Kelly. All in all I'd give this card a B rating. Just my 2 cents

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ever notice about 90% of the guys with Tap-Out stickers on their trucks and hats or shits with the logo look like they would cry if you slapped them... Just sayin.. Something I noticed.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Ever notice about 90% of the guys with Tap-Out stickers on their trucks and hats or shits with the logo look like they would cry if you slapped them... Just sayin.. Something I noticed.

Yep. I'm always amazed at how many punks think wearing that shit makes them tough. It should be legal to open hand slap a few of them just because...

rrr

CB Dollaway was on the first UFC Fighter show or whatever and was in the UFC 100 or whatever...he trains with Bader. I don't follow UFC but CB graduated from my alma mater and won an Ohio state Wrestling championship there. This was his first MMA fight:

[video=youtube;Y2T8ZL6IOqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2T8ZL6IOqs[/video]

So what if he got arm-barred twice and tapped out like a sissy twice in a row on the big stage....lol

RRJJ

Removed by Request.

Ever notice that 90% of the people with hunting or archery stickers on their trucks aren't those that we want representing the sport?

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Yup, Dana confirmed if GSP wins he's moving up to the MW division. I hate Silva, awesome fighter, just arrogant and a show off in the the ring. He'll rock fighters and wont finish them. He just shows off. I hope to hell GSP beats him, even if its by decision.

Jon Jones IMO is not ready for a fighter like Shogun. Jones will be a champ one day, but he does not nearly have the amount of exposure and experience as Shogun.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Yup, Dana confirmed if GSP wins he's moving up to the MW division. I hate Silva, awesome fighter, just arrogant and a show off in the the ring. He'll rock fighters and wont finish them. He just shows off. I hope to hell GSP beats him, even if its by decision.

Jon Jones IMO is not ready for a fighter like Shogun. Jones will be a champ one day, but he does not nearly have the amount of exposure and experience as Shogun.

I agree, but I also want to see him tested by someone and Im not sure who should get the nod to fight Shogun. I heard GSP say that if he was to move up for the super match that he would pack on some muscle and be ready for the jump up in weight. I hope GSP whips Silvas ass bad cause I see him the same way you do as an arrogant mouth piece.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
dude silva is a badass...there are just some guys that cant get beat...but he will meet his match someday..somwhere there is always someone who can whoop you.....GSP is it in my opinion and the only one who has a fighters chance

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ever notice that 90% of the people with hunting or archery stickers on their trucks aren't those that we want representing the sport?

That's where I think you're wrong.. WE are the sport.. Not Michael Waddel, Lee and Tiffany etc etc.. They are just showboating fancy pants corporationalism .. Tobacco spitting, beer drinking rednecks "WE are hunting"

corporationalism <---- Yeah... I made that up... lol

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
I agree, but I also want to see him tested by someone and Im not sure who should get the nod to fight Shogun. I heard GSP say that if he was to move up for the super match that he would pack on some muscle and be ready for the jump up in weight. I hope GSP whips Silvas ass bad cause I see him the same way you do as an arrogant mouth piece.

I wouldnt be surprised if GSP beats him then retires and tries out for the Olympics. I remember an interview a while back he said he doesnt fight for the belt anymore, he fights for a legacy. He said the last thing on his list was to fight Anderson and be the p4p best fighter in the world. Assuming he beats Shields, I hope he has a stable game plan if he moves up. Sucks for the Welter weight division, theres alot of fighters hoping to get in the octagon with him.

Stylisticly GSP is more well rounded than Anderson IMO. Anderson just does well at being unpredictable and so does GSP. Bet this fight will draw more viewers than Brock Lesnar. My guess is 2+ million viewers.

You guys also notice how the UFC is putting together some stacked cards lately with Lesnar also coaching the reality show? Good counter programming since Strikeforce is doing the HW tournament. Another funny thing is Strikeforce plans to do all there final HW tournament fights and other big fights on PPV. Too bad there only big draw is Diaz and Alistair. I think Fedor only brought in 200,000 to 300,000 viewers the 2 times he fought.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
dude silva is a badass...there are just some guys that cant get beat...but he will meet his match someday..somwhere there is always someone who can whoop you.....GSP is it in my opinion and the only one who has a fighters chance

I'd like to see Shogun vs Silva, with Silva moving up to 205. I bet Shogun could beat him on a good day.