Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dock workers strike

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish

77-50% increase in wages over 6 years and triple the employer contributions? and still striking ?

Anyone want to clue me in? What is the article NOTtelling me?

Bigcountry40

77-50% increase in wages over 6 years and triple the employer contributions? and still striking ?

Anyone want to clue me in? What is the article NOTtelling me?
We now live in a society where everything is so money driven that every single person feels the need to bleed every last drop out of the nearly dead post WW2 economy. People are now aware that politicians and elites have been doing this for generations so they want in before it completely collapses. Michael Moore (who I don’t like) talked about this in one of his documentaries dealing with Wall Street. Basically our best and brightest no longer pick occupation based on making world a better place (such as doctors, engineers, etc) but where they can make the most money as fast as possible, it’s finally trickled down to blue collar workers.

Bigcountry40

The 77% was the unions opening offer and has dropped it to 50%. I’m guessing the union has watched the Railroad Company’s use of technology to whittle away the conductor and engineer jobs forcing 25 year plus vets to still work on the extra board because they cant hold regular jobs. The port union doesn’t want the same to happen to them- possible explanation

P8riot

Carbon, In
There goes the grocery and all other prices through the roof. 1 week of strikes costs billions. Blue collar guys screwing the rest of the country screaming they want Trump in office to lower costs. Everyone ultimately is in it for themselves.

1727800585275.png

Call it what you want, to talk like this in an effort to destroy the country so you can get a raise doesn't sit well with me.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
UAW did this. Crippled themselves. UPS did it. Crippled their customers as prices went up. Economy tanks. Less packages sent. Less vehicles sold. Manufacturers find ways to provide the same services with less people. Or they produce less and sell at a higher cost. I hate to say it, but these strikes tend to lose jobs for the unions and cost customers more while the corporation makes the same or higher profits.