Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dodge Ram 1500

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I'm in a major pickle. Another dealer just called and matched the price of the Big Horn with a white and beige Laramie! It has everything!!!! Sound system, leather, etc...
Problem, the dealer here already sent for the other truck. It would be a major dick move to switch deals, but that is a fabulous truck.
My conscious tells me stick with original deal
The devil on my shoulder tells me to take the upgrade.
Now what?!?!?

FUCK THEM BASTARDS...they are gettin you either way man...thats business...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I would zero quander about bowing out on the other truck. Its not the first time this haas happened. You jsut found a better deal. See if the ycan beat it on that truck and maybe get lower. if not, go get the other truck. play them against eachother. Works everytime. If they let you walk you didnt want to do business there anyway...go for it.

The Laramie is what I have, flow through console, leather, sunroof, power everything, alpine stereo. its great!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I agree. Fugg em.. Buy what you want.. Everyday you drive your new truck you'll have to live with it.. You don't have to live with the sourpuss salesman who didn't make the sale..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hicks PMed me and said he really thinks you should look into a Dodge Cummins, and put dual stacks on it. He thinks they look nifty :) lol. Invest in some 300 horse fuel injectors, an edge comp box, a smarty tuner, dual turbos, bigger fuel lines, some temp. and pressure gauges and a modified tranny.

You'll be the coolest teacher at school.

Only if it has dual antennas and some balls hanging from the hitch. Get it right Triple88!:smiley_arrogant:lmao

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I keep going back and forth. I like the solid white truck the best on the outside.
The Laramie is two tone, white with gold trim. It looks great, but not as good in my opinion. Of course the inside has the leather and stereo. That's all the Big Horn is missing.
Big Horn has a bedliner, Laramie doesn't. Neither has tubes. Decisions... Decisions...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Might want to check which one has the better transmission in them. that is generally a chrysler weak point...as well ass ball joints..

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
The tranny isnt an issue anymore 100,000 mile drvetrain warranty. soon as i get close to that its gone. cause you know its going to go out after that. No thanks.

Cotty, what do you mean by tubes?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Step tubes

I've decided on the original white Big Horn. In the end I like that appearance best. I still got a good deal and I'm happy. I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning.
I'll be missing out on leather seats and the Alpine system, but from the reviews I've read the Alpine system isn't much different than the 430 radio. I guess I'll find out.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well, I picked up the new ride today. I'm very happy. I got a fair deal and all the hub bub about the stereo may not be an issue. The one in it cranks pretty good.

Here she is...