Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dodge Ram 1500

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've been looking at them. Expensive! I'll prob bite the bullet and get them though.

I know. They are not cheap. Once you buy a set though, you will never be without them. I had a set in a 1995 Dodge Ram 3500 and have bought half a dozen sets since. When you pull them up and the carpet still looks new, it sure is worth it. I won't buy them for a vehicle unless I am going to have the vehicle for several years. I don't buy new, so in an older truck that is already trashed I might think twice. If I just spent the money on a nice new truck like you just got, there wouldn't be a hesitation. Just my 2 cents.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I know. They are not cheap. Once you buy a set though, you will never be without them. I had a set in a 1995 Dodge Ram 3500 and have bought half a dozen sets since. When you pull them up and the carpet still looks new, it sure is worth it. I won't buy them for a vehicle unless I am going to have the vehicle for several years. I don't buy new, so in an older truck that is already trashed I might think twice. If I just spent the money on a nice new truck like you just got, there wouldn't be a hesitation. Just my 2 cents.

The person who first suggested trucks needed carpeting should be kicked in the balls.. IMO all trucks should have two standard items... 4x4, and rubberized floors like work trucks have. Carpet in trucks ppffffttttt.. I have been kicking around the idea of ripping mine out and rhino lining it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The person who first suggested trucks needed carpeting should be kicked in the balls.. IMO all trucks should have two standard items... 4x4, and rubberized floors like work trucks have. Carpet in trucks ppffffttttt.. I have been kicking around the idea of ripping mine out and rhino lining it.

I like that idea.... wash and wear lol...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I have the duals as well. I oput magnaflows on mine and it sounds great. its not loud until it needs to be..has a nice rumble to it...

How much did you get your nerf bars for? if you dont mind..

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
well if you buy the right size, unlike me its easy...getting the tips lined back up was the most difficult part...mine are a little off but you'll never know it.