Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

Here's my boy Rusty. Man I love this dog. He's getting pretty old now and has a few problems going on but he's always there wagging his tail looking for attention when I get home.

Attachments

• Rusty-FirstShed.jpg
    Rusty-FirstShed.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Rusty-Stream.jpg
    Rusty-Stream.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 350
Reactions: Wildlife
Meet Colt my 11 year old chocolate. Mans best friend is an understatement. He shares the title for best dog with my black lab of 13 years Bear. We had to put Bear down 5 years ago due to cancer. Colt was as lost as we were once Bear was gone but was a big part of helping us move on. Both of these boys were great water dogs and colt will retrieve squirrels as well. Colt is really slowing down these days and I'm not looking forward to loosing him. I can't imagine not having a dog and will get another when he goes. It's ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439591607.217476.jpgamazing to me how attached we get to our dogs and how they are part of the family.

PSE13

Shelby
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439596186.859587.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439596208.541826.jpg
Here are my other dogs. Both rots the first one is my girlfriends parents his paws are huge! And the other one is my other dog! He will lap you to death!

Big Weff

Athens
uploadfromtaptalk1439607445802.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439607482042.jpgthis is my old Australian Shepherd Scooter . He is 8 or 9 now but still gets around like he did when he was 1 haha. He's about the fastest damn dog I have ever scene TOO!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will have to post pics of Izzy the kids' beagle and Hank the deer recovery GSP sometime. Izzy will remain our sole indoor dog when Brutus leaves. Hank will remain our outdoor dog but will inherit Brutus ' invisible fence collar. Hank absolutely loves retrieving the bumper in the neighbors pond. He is smoking fast too. Biggest (tallest anyway) GSP I have ever seen with German bloodlines in him. He was originally breed by a guy who sells GSPs for retrieving. Didn't sell and a trainer bought him who is retired policeman. He was sold to a detective unit in Indiana but returned because he would hesitate in a structure a bit. He has been very receptive to deer recovery. Probably because I am too soft. The police training is intense. I am not. Therefore he just melts at my gentle commands. Then again, he probably doesn't respond to me quite as quickly because of it.

Bigcountry40

Some of you have already met my wieners, Girls 1.jpg Piper is black and bella is brown. Piper used to track wounded deer a little bit, but the wife put a end to it when she got deer fleas and had little white worms coming out of her ass.lol

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
IMG_0758.jpg

I have had dogs most of my life. The last one was a male Rottie named after the boy in "A Christmas Story" , Raphie.
He averaged 130 lbs in his prime. He was a good boy and watched over the girls and household in general but was a bit of a punk.
Still. he knew his job and was always protective of the girls and never let me down when I was away.

DSCN1282.jpgDSCN1298.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So old Remi is about as blind as a bat and compared to a "real" retriever, kind a scrub. He was asleep on the front porch a few minutes ago when I shot a crow. Went downstairs to put the gun up and come back up to see him working his patented "Z" pattern through the yard looking for what just died since old dad's gun went off. Within a couple minutes he worked his way to the upper end of the yard and downwind of the crow. When he caught the wind, he bee-lined for the crow, snatched it up and proceeded to drop it off in front of the back door. Not bad for as blind scrub!

So old Remi is about as blind as a bat and compared to a "real" retriever, kind a scrub. He was asleep on the front porch a few minutes ago when I shot a crow. Went downstairs to put the gun up and come back up to see him working his patented "Z" pattern through the yard looking for what just died since old dad's gun went off. Within a couple minutes he worked his way to the upper end of the yard and downwind of the crow. When he caught the wind, he bee-lined for the crow, snatched it up and proceeded to drop it off in front of the back door. Not bad for as blind scrub!

That's funny Jesse! The eyes may go, but the old sniffer never fails them.