Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ha. I seriously doubt mine is good for any security detail, but this pile of shit has a built in early warning system any military branch would be envy of ....
20200914_215741.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Bristol decided it would be fun too have a game of tag with a skunk last night.....
It didn’t end well for her, or us..... 3 washes with a mixture of Dawn, Peroxide and baking soda later, she didn’t smell as bad. By today about 80% of the smell was gone. She took a direct hit too the right front shoulder. Looked online for a more better product and TSC had a highly rated concoction that I went too get as they showed it in stock.... Well, they didn’t have it and the other 2 stores didn’t as well. Sat in the parking lot contemplating my next move. Called our vet and they actually have a procedure referred too as a skunk wash. $70. And it’s a full grooming as well.... Yep, dropped her off and didn’t look back....
My wife referred too me last night as cold and heartless as I refused too let her back in the house after the washing.... 😂😂😂😂
Proud husband moment right there.... Brought a tear too my eye.... I did finally let her into the garage, with the door cracked for a little ventilation.....

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Yesterday evening after our teal hunt we were hanging around the camp. One of the guys says pearl was bleeding. Checked her out and she had a 1/2 cut through the skin right on her wind pipe. Gonna bring her in the morning to the vet for them to stitch it up or superglue and a shot for infection. Her having the hole I didn’t hunt this morning. I’m currently home now.