Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
June will be 4 months old this week. She’s a great little pup so far. Listens very well for her age, pretty chill inside the house, and has an awesome nose already. I think she’s going to be another good one.
592298D3-22E5-424E-BBC2-61F29B37E405.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We met "Tyson" a couple weeks ago at the humane society. Today we had a meet and greet with Otis. Started out really well. Then I was checking Tyson's ears and teeth and seeing how tolerant he would be with me invading his space. One hand was rubbing back or an ear the whole time. Otis came over to see what was going on and Tyson lunged a bit and snapped at Otis. Tyson is a 6yr old boxer who has had a lot of interest. He WILL find a home. We are doing another meet and greet Wednesday when we have more time. We may or may not be adopting another boxer. If he bites another dog or a human he is placed in kill shelter. Our family will try him again with Otis but not push it. I didn't see him as "vicious" by any means. I saw a small room with lots of smells and people with a dog not accustomed to this much attention. I saw a dog who got a little jealous of Otis. More time to observe. Time to let them get comfy and establish a pecking order, and we shall see. They had played together and shared treats and toys for about 20min before one little snap. Time will tell on the next visit.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Our one dog has been sluggish and not herself lately. Took her to the vet and they did bloodwork. Said she is anemic. Ran other tests and think she has Addison’s disease. She’s going to the vet tomorrow morning for more bloodwork to confirm. They don’t know what causes it but it affects her adrenal gland and messes up her hormones. If she has it, she’ll need a monthly shot of hormones along with daily medication. She’ll also have to have check ups to make sure the doses are correct. Can’t wait for her to get through this and be her regular self.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Our one dog has been sluggish and not herself lately. Took her to the vet and they did bloodwork. Said she is anemic. Ran other tests and think she has Addison’s disease. She’s going to the vet tomorrow morning for more bloodwork to confirm. They don’t know what causes it but it affects her adrenal gland and messes up her hormones. If she has it, she’ll need a monthly shot of hormones along with daily medication. She’ll also have to have check ups to make sure the doses are correct. Can’t wait for her to get through this and be her regular self.
Sorry too hear that, George.... Hopefully she comes around too her old self....