Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

P8riot

Carbon, In
The black is a male and the brindle is a female. They were both sired by Uzi out of the Netherlands. In his hay day Uzi was one of the best and got a ton of sniz for his efforts! Later in life he came to the US to get more sniz and spread his seed. I think he had some GSD bred in somewhere because he was pretty big and my male is 100lbs which is huge for a Mal. I took a full on running bite from Uzi in a suit and a bite to the back of the knee. He was no joke! That black Mal is my wifes, his bite is like being clamped in a vise!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustinb80

Left field

The black is a male and the brindle is a female. They were both sired by Uzi out of the Netherlands. In his hay day Uzi was one of the best and got a ton of sniz for his efforts! Later in life he came to the US to get more sniz and spread his seed. I think he had some GSD bred in somewhere because he was pretty big and my male is 100lbs which is huge for a Mal. I took a full on running bite from Uzi in a suit and a bite to the back of the knee. He was no joke! That black Mal is my wifes, his bite is like being clamped in a vise!
My daughter s friends , dad is in a K-9 unit , has a couple active dogs she said one will not sniff out drugs he just wants to attack , the other is multi use

Reactions: P8riot

P8riot

Carbon, In
Dogs definitely have to be evaluated and used to their strengths and avoid their weaknesses. My female is like a little remote controlled dog. My voice and commands is all she needs because she wants to make me happy (atleast I have one female who does in my life). I was getting to the point where I could send her out on a long bite, I would call her off and she woyld run behind the decoy and just bark and wait for me. I would then walk up and we would follow the decoy for transport. If he ran, she would run him down! It was so awesome.

The male pffft, you just point him in a direction and hold on! He differentiates between friend and foe and would be a fantastic police k9 for events like footballs games, fairs, etc. He is very friendly. But when that suit comes out his off switch goes out the window. It was getting too dangerous for my wife and her pride wouldnt let her stop but I had to call it quits when he grabbed her pants and wouldnt let go. He has no intent to hurt her but he sees her as the reason he cant get the bite and he gets frustrated.

Now he just beats up my dad because he loves him too hard. He almost knocked him over the other day when he greeted him. I have to keep the 2 of them seperated because if he hurts my dad I wont forgive myself. I broke both of their hearts đŸ¤£

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My sil has perpetual bruising on his arms and legs from bites in the suit. They take turns in the suit and the other guys don’t look forward too his dog biting them. They nicknamed him freight train đŸ˜‚

P8riot

Carbon, In
My sil has perpetual bruising on his arms and legs from bites in the suit. They take turns in the suit and the other guys don’t look forward too his dog biting them. They nicknamed him freight train đŸ˜‚
It sucks. It hurts so bad! As they get more advanced they use thinner suits so it feels more realistic for the dogs. F that! I want that Michelin man suit

Reactions: Left field

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Dogs definitely have to be evaluated and used to their strengths and avoid their weaknesses. My female is like a little remote controlled dog. My voice and commands is all she needs because she wants to make me happy (atleast I have one female who does in my life). I was getting to the point where I could send her out on a long bite, I would call her off and she woyld run behind the decoy and just bark and wait for me. I would then walk up and we would follow the decoy for transport. If he ran, she would run him down! It was so awesome.

The male pffft, you just point him in a direction and hold on! He differentiates between friend and foe and would be a fantastic police k9 for events like footballs games, fairs, etc. He is very friendly. But when that suit comes out his off switch goes out the window. It was getting too dangerous for my wife and her pride wouldnt let her stop but I had to call it quits when he grabbed her pants and wouldnt let go. He has no intent to hurt her but he sees her as the reason he cant get the bite and he gets frustrated.

Now he just beats up my dad because he loves him too hard. He almost knocked him over the other day when he greeted him. I have to keep the 2 of them seperated because if he hurts my dad I wont forgive myself. I broke both of their hearts đŸ¤£
The Mal is laid back when at home. But as soon as the sil puts on the uniform he’s all business!
I definitely wouldn’t want too be his target!

P8riot

Carbon, In
It looks like he is getting up there in age. He should be able to enjoy retirement soon. Will he be allowed to keep him? My male is getting old too, silver wiskers and feet. 7 years old, still acts 2.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It looks like he is getting up there in age. He should be able to enjoy retirement soon. Will he be allowed to keep him? My male is getting old too, silver wiskers and feet. 7 years old, still acts 2.
He’s 6 and it’s been a hard 6 years. Broken his tail twice, numerous cut pads, and a couple replaced teeth. Been laid open by a piece of sheet metal during a search. They don’t quit. The drive of these Mal’s boggle the mind. He’s from Holland and went too Shallow Creek kennel out of Hermitage Pa.
He’ll be here as a couch potato when he retires. SIL buys him for $1 and it’s written in his contract.
The big concern in the Mal community (and you’re probably aware of this as well) is people turning them into pets and ruining them.

P8riot

Carbon, In
They get them having no clue about them because they look cool. They do make great pets...for someone with no kids and understands what they have. Next time its a GSD for me. I can say I did it, loved them, but not again!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They get them having no clue about them because they look cool. They do make great pets...for someone with no kids and understands what they have. Next time its a GSD for me. I can say I did it, loved them, but not again!
Gotcha, I’m a GSD fan as well. Currently have a white one. She’s a helluva watchdog as well as a companion. Likes kids and plays well with other dogs. I take her too lowes whenever I go too give her some leash time, as where we’re at no leash needed.