Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doing my "2010 Buck is Done" dance!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Congrats again Phil. Looks really nice man. Can't wait to see a pic of it on the wall at home with the wife sitting under pouting!!! :smiley_crocodile:rotflmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gern, are u a sexual camel? ????

That is hilarious! Unless you have seen Gern's deer room it might not make sense. I have seen Chad's "Buck Cave" and it is impressive! Tell me how to channel the frustration into some positive energy "Oh wise one"! :smiley_chinrub:

I like the mount Phil, the 2nd picture is my fav.

Thanks Gern! This is how it will look in for the most part. I still need to go fire up the chainsaw and drag the tree home he was rubbing on when I shot him. Then I need to figure out how to support/secure the tree in through his antlers.

Tree Monkey- He is right in the front door where my other mount was. I temporarily mounted the other one on a spare screw already in the wall in my son's room. This way it is only a few steps away from the other one! hahaha Compromise I guess. Both of them hanging 6-8 paces apart, but technically only one dead animal in the living room!

Curran- I am disappointed you gave in brother! lol

Is anyone else surprised at the score? I honestly was thinking 132-135ish. Now I am bummed he was missing the other brow tine. He would have been darn close to OBBC. I guess there is always next year. I would have never guessed the 138 gross. (This was the unofficial score from the taxidermist I should add. He used his "rackulator". Claims he is usually within an inch or so of the official score.)

Disclaimer: It doesn't really matter that much what the score is. I am proud of him. This is all the matters. The score just surprised me.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yeah.... well.... I have needs TOO!!!! rotflmao:pickle:

Wasn't sure if you would pick out my line I slid in there. hahahahahaha In all fairness, mine is in the living room but. . . my 08 buck is no longer in the living room. Therefore I have not broken her "only one dead animal in the living room at a time" rule. lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Don't know how missed this thread but it's great TOO hear and see you got your buck home Phil! It looks great TOO! The brow tine did hurt the score but he's still a heck of a nice buck. Was the brow busted off, stunted/deformed or just didn't grow? Just wonderin'. Congrats Phil!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't know how missed this thread but it's great TOO hear and see you got your buck home Phil! It looks great TOO! The brow tine did hurt the score but he's still a heck of a nice buck. Was the brow busted off, stunted/deformed or just didn't grow? Just wonderin'. Congrats Phil!

Broken off. We have pictures of him on another property about 1.5miles down the road in early Sept with both brow tines. Oh well. Character builder!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Since my 2013 buck now resides in the living room, I am keeping my wife happy. Well, somewhat happy. The compromise this time? 2013 in living room, 2010 in dining room, 2008 still in my son's room. Guess it wasn't "temporary" as it seems to have found a home there.

Just thought I would get some opinions of the location. Pay no attention to the missing trim above the back door. Project in the works. I think it looks pretty good here. Not sure Momma Hicks will like it in the dining room after she sees it there but she okayed it. If I ever kill another, I am not sure what it will take to hang it. Maybe one of the kids will have gone to college by then and I can take over one of their rooms. lmao

Also, pay no attention to the mess on the table. My drill and stuff was out as was the broom/dustpan from drywall mess. The kids have friends over tonight with games on the table. . . .what can I say? Our house is lived in. We don't have a showcase home where everything is put away 100% of the time. haha

You have some fine representatives from our area there. I'm in the same boat I have 1 more spot in the family room for my 2013 buck that will make 5. Then there are 16 European mounts upstairs I will have to get creative and move those around, or talk the wife into adding on.