Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Double the Know Power!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The second one was me. I went over with Alex to a place where he had about 20 does and small bucks in a cut corn field every night. Alex's buddy came and the plan was to film a double doe kill on a one, two, three, boom type thing. Well this fella stepped out and was kind of unsure of the new giant blind on the edge of the pond in the middle of the cornfield. He worked out about 100 yards from the woods but was behind a rise in the field. As we sat there thinking about rock paper scissors for the shot when he popped over the rise he took off back towards the woods and stopped. I ranged him at 176 yards and the other guy was using Alex's gun that we had just sighted in at 100. It was a now or never thing and i said i could make the shot with my BDC scope. We agreed and i sat her up on the tripod and touched it off. He hit the dirt right where he stood.

20200105_204940.jpg

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
AWESOME Ron! Glad to see you get it done. I know you work hard at it and it paid off nicely! Very Impressive Deer Buddy! That power line pic does rock!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Always fun. Joe and I always have some crazy hunts. I glassed that deer a few nights ago. It came together tonight.

What's strange is you never got him or the other three dandy bucks on your cornpile not 400 yards away. Goes to show ya some bucks just don't like corn piles.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Two great bucks, congrats and way to get it done late in the season. Was there anybody on this forum that didn’t kill a big buck in Ohio?