Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dunb Things!

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Better than six years I did a really dumb thing. I fell like ton of bricks on the ice and spent three days in the hospital. Today I just did a dumb thing and fell like a half ton on the ice. I took the garbage out and did a little slip. Thought to my self I need to spread some salt. Took two more steps and down I went. I landed on my right elbow with all my weight and it really jammed into my right shoulder. Don’t let any one tell you the stars do not come out in the day time. I saw plenty! Wife wanted to take me to the emergency room. Said nope, family is coming and I ain’t missin Christmas with the family. NOT THIS YEAR! Can not raise my are my arm and it hurts like the dickens. I’ll work it in Monday. Remember me tonight and the rest of the weekend. I’m just stoved up. Hopefully it will work its self out. Merry Christmas guys! :smiley_cry:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ted do us all a favor and go Sunday don't wait till Monday the longer you wait the worse it'll be.... Please????? Don't want you to damage the old key board digits.....

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Dang Ted, that sounds painful! You're probably best off to get it checked out. Hope everything is ok though! Merry Christmas.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have to agree with J. Don't wait until Monday Ted. Go get it checked tomorrow and let us know what you find out and if there is anything we can do to help out.

Merry Christmas to you and the Mrs. Ted.

rrr

Ice, Ibuprohpen, and elevate over your heart, get it checked out tomorrow.

Praying for ya Ted

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear about it Ted. I am sure most of us would feel the same way with family coming over. Hope it turns out to be nothing major. Get in there tomorrow and get it checked out. Every hour you let it go, the less the doctors can do with it if it does need more attention than ice. Hope you enjoy your family this evening!

COB-TY

Ohio
Appointment tomorrow with family Doc and telephone message to my bone Doc today asking for a emergency appointment. He replaced my hip and has been treating my Arthur! I still say whom ever said getting old had to be a sixteen year old! :smiley_crocodile:

COB-TY

Ohio
Now and hence forth "dumb things" will be referred to as THE FALL. And yes it netted me a broken arm. Just below the shoulder joint. Dr. says the best possible place. Got a pretty sling to ware. Back in two weeks to make sure nothing has shifted. Like I'm going to play football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smiley_bril::smiley_depressive:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
dam ted...my pm was spot on a lil bit...unfortunately... hope you heal up. mom broke her arm there and has had trouble lifting it all the way back up since so listen to the doc...

rrr

I will call Tressel and tell him you are out...dang..

Get better soon Ted! Listen to the doc and do the physical therapy!