Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

East Palestine Derailment and Fire

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Google earth says 3.7 miles from the buildings at PV to the accident location. Probably less than 2 miles between the closest orchard and the mandatory evac area
16FBE989-7774-4DD5-B57A-2BD5108C84EA.jpeg

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I appreciate it guys, it has been too long, I just dont like to post things. I'm a 37yr old with no social media except here lol.. maybe things will change now.. so i work for csx, as a signal maintainer. So basically I test/get called out for switches, crossings, signals you see along the tracks. We dont dont do track work. Basically if you see lights on the rail, then that's what we do. But what I've been told from "old timers" if you see candy cane tanks derail drive away as fast as possible and anything chloride get out! Just too damn bad to see what's going on up there. These big companies wont say what's really happening
Welcome

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
There’s a guy on the Ron Verb show on 570 WKBN that claims to have experience with hazmat and is saying that he thinks it’ll be 6-8 weeks before they let people return to their homes. He says they’ll inspect each home and test for toxins. That will protect NS from lawsuits down the road, people won’t be able to claim their homes have a toxin that causes cancer, MS, etc.

Edit: they are letting people return home. The guy on the radio was wrong

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Big_Holla and "J"

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
This is getting pushed....

Well when they get the name of the chemical wrong in the first sentence it’s hard to take the rest seriously. I know people in the affected area and none of them have had pets get sick or have seen dead wildlife.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Polyvinyl Chloride is some nasty stuff.... Back in the 60's and 70's alot of my family worked at a company that made resin which was used at the time in records, vinyl for water beds etc... If sensors detected a leak in a reactor, numerous blocks would be evacuated including a high school... That stuff you don't mess with....

• Wow
Reactions: finelyshedded

Bigcountry40

So I was a conductor for about 6 months in CSX back in 2011. At railroad training school in Georgia, one of the units was over identifying chemicals by placard. So in class they gave us 3 inch thick book and we had to look at the placard and identify what the chemical was and if it was hazardous by finding it in the bible book. We were told to always keep it with us when working. 1st day on the job at Willard working the yard as a shadow, I had a backpack with all the stuff csx had provided me. The old guy I was shadowing asked what I had in the bag, basically tells me its all worthless and all you need is your radio and lantern (if working at night). He said if a tanker is on fire or derailed bad he was wasn't going to get close enough to identify it and getting away from it as fast as possible.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anyone else seeing all the social media reports of Ohio river basin bring contaminated? Affecting 5 million people. Drinking water issues, etc. I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Anyone else seeing all the social media reports of Ohio river basin bring contaminated? Affecting 5 million people. Drinking water issues, etc. I'm not sure what to believe anymore.
Probably some truth too it. Can’t have a shitstorm like that without fallout. But a lot of these folks spewing stuff, have little too anything other than hearsay too back it up.
Where’s the video proof of all the dead fish and wildlife and pets that are dead. They make it sound like the local and state law enforcement are rounding up all the “journalists“ and locking them up. So far there’s only been one and they’ve milked that for all it’s worth.

Bigcountry40

Probably some truth too it. Can’t have a shitstorm like that without fallout. But a lot of these folks spewing stuff, have little too anything other than hearsay too back it up.
Where’s the video proof of all the dead fish and wildlife and pets that are dead. They make it sound like the local and state law enforcement are rounding up all the “journalists“ and locking them up. So far there’s only been one and they’ve milked that for all it’s worth.
Its also a trend for social media conspiracy theorist to find anything they can, twist it into something taboo to get as many clicks as possible. Some these people don't have real jobs and use any type of tragedy to make money on clicks. The amount of videos made dissecting the Idaho murder case before authority found the suspect was ridiculous.