Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

East Palestine Derailment and Fire

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Even if the calculations in this lawsuit are half correct, that’s a BIG number.

I guess my question would be, what was actually released if it was burned? If the product was burned and assuming (like so much else has been) 99% of it was actually burned. What was in the actual smoke emitted into the environment?

Reactions: Bighoun52

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Any lawsuit at this time is from scumbag ambulance chasing lawyers. It’s way too soon to know what or if any damages people or the environment may suffer. These law suits are lawyers wanting to be first, hoping for big contingency fees.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Any lawsuit at this time is from scumbag ambulance chasing lawyers. It’s way too soon to know what or if any damages people or the environment may suffer. These law suits are lawyers wanting to be first, hoping for big contingency fees.
Exactly….. We both have friends living in the area of the derailment. I want them too get every penny and care that’s they need. But I also want what they’ll need 5-10-20 years down the road. Who knows what that’ll be.

Reactions: Big_Holla

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Little Beaver creek is a state wild and scenic river, which isn't an easy desination to achieve. Truly catastrophic all the way around, both human and environment. It may be years before all questions are answered. I'll say this much, I don't trust the government or mega corporations either one in this situation.

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
8Ri4iwvx1zWd.jpg

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Exactly….. We both have friends living in the area of the derailment. I want them too get every penny and care that’s they need. But I also want what they’ll need 5-10-20 years down the road. Who knows what that’ll be.
Which is why the lawsuit figures will be very, very large. There is no instant answer to any of this.

As for what was in the smoke, I’m sure it wasn’t unicorn farts and rainbow dust which everybody knows are harmless.

Reactions: Boarhead

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish