Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

East Palestine Derailment and Fire

Smawgunner2

Athens County
IMG_0404.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A friend's wife does taxes in the area and she told us that EP residents found out this week that the money's (often $10-15K) they received from NS for things like temporary housing, replacing contaminated personal items, etc. are taxable. Many had already filed tax returns believing they weren't taxable and just received 1099s and now have to file amended returns and probably pay additional taxes instead of getting refunds.

Crazy isn't it.

Blackcat86

NW Ohio
So, this is my take on how it works:
Eligible U.S. citizens purportedly elect representatives who create regulations to take the citizen's money so that unelected bureaucrats can take credit for giving some of the citizens' money back to the citizens.

Isn't that kinda close to the concept of a Ponzi scheme to buy votes for the unelected bureaucrats' purportedly elected boss?

By the way, here's something I read this morning:
Biden further urged Congress to pass bipartisan legislative reforms governing rail and freight safety standards and a tax provision ensuring that East Palestine residents are not taxed on any reimbursements they receive pursuant to the derailment. [Emphasis mine.]
*https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...osty-east-palestine-welcome-train-derailment/

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
On Saturday, a NS train derailed in Lehigh Valley, spilling diesel and plastic pellets into the nearby river. An early investigation by the National Transportation Safety Board reported that an eastbound Norfolk Southern train collided with a parked train on the same track. The derailed train was later struck by a westbound NS train. Local authorities said no injuries were reported, no evacuations were necessary and no hazardous material was a threat to the community.

WTF? Wow, looks like there’s some fuckery going on at NS…..

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Over a year too investigate something everyone knew 2 days afterwards…… We’ here from the gubernet and we’re here to help….. 🙄

Bigcountry40

Over a year too investigate something everyone knew 2 days afterwards…… We’ here from the gubernet and we’re here to help….. 🙄

Maybe we actually hold corporations accountable and not allow them to use our government as fuggin puppets. Neither side gives fugg about us they just want our votes and tax money.