Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

EHD

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I found this one today by the creek in Warren county. Anyone else finding any yet? I figured this would happen with the drought last month. Of course no way to tell for sure EHD but im a mile or more from a road.

Attachments

• 20220813_091057.jpg
    20220813_091057.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 20220813_090800.jpg
    20220813_090800.jpg
    572.7 KB · Views: 239

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang!!! I admit we had one tiny spell where it didn’t rain for a couple weeks but where I’m at in Warren county theres been plenty of rain for the most part. I’ve seen it far worse than this and we didn’t have EHD out breaks like this. There has to be something else other drought/and midges bringing on this disease. IMO

Reactions: hickslawns

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Dang!!! I admit we had one tiny spell where it didn’t rain for a couple weeks but where I’m at in Warren county theres been plenty of rain for the most part. I’ve seen it far worse than this and we didn’t have EHD out breaks like this. There has to be something else other drought/and midges bringing on this disease. IMO

Can't say for certain on this one. But I'd be willing to bet there will be confirmed EHD cases coming available soon. I know this isn't the only one found. I also think EHD is somewhat cyclic and not only related to drought.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Boy, that's really concerning because I live in a creek valley. It's also rather interesting that this came up too because I just asked the wife at lunch today if she'd like to take a nice long hike this weekend around here. Of course, I gave her a different reason as to why I wanted to do this, but the truth of the matter is to look for any signs such as this. I haven't seen a couple of good bucks since late June, although I have not seen nor smelled anything out of the ordinary either all summer.