Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Favorite sound?

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
an alcohol funny car when they seat the clutch.....If you never experienced that one...it will get you everytime...

That is funny you mention that, I had a buddy down at my place this weekend that said he got to witness this up close, said it was awesome! I had never heard that before.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The sounds of a Dodge Viper or a Mustang GT on the Mid Ohio track. Just something about that deep sounding horsepower poring out of those exhausts ripping down the track at 180 lol.

Video just doesn't do it justice so it is just something you have to experience in person :D.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Queefs make me laugh TOO!!! :smiley_clap:

Peeps...
Thwack...
My four-wheeler...
Crunching leaves...
The closing of the bolt on my .17...
The ping of a golf ball off my driver...
The closing of the action on my Benelli...
The ping of a baseball off my Dimarini Voodoo...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I like CJD's thoughts as well. Raw horsepower from an old school hot rod is pretty sweet!

Nobody likes the lineup of dirtbikes at a race as they take off? Good sound when you take the hole shot. I know Kaiser can appreciate this one!

The belly laugh from my kids is awesome, but the innocent belly laugh from a baby is even better. Adorable.

Did anyone mention the sound of a deep buck grunt that sneeks in behind you? Or in front of you for that matter. Hearing bucks sparring is pretty amazing as well.

Not a favorite sound, but one that will send chills down your spine everytime is a pack of coyotes howling in response to your calls. You get them in real close and it is dark outside you will get some chills. Anticipation of seeing the first shadow of one in the moonlight just adds to the moment.

How about the sound of a big bass as you are reeling and it jumps out of the water making the smacking sound?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Noone likes an alarm clock! especially whne it wakes you up too early!..up at 430 this a.m....WHY! WHY!!

0415 every week day for the last 25 years...... I feel your pain..... I was being a little sarcastic..... Even when I sleep in I'm up at 0600..... :smiley_chinrub:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Changing mine. A roosted tom in the dawn light that's committed... Gobble. Doubble gobble. Gobble so much he chokes half way through. Struts on the limb and gobbles some more!