Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Feral cat has many lives

I hope this cat is running out of luck. So far I missed him with my bow on my way in, then I passed him during gun week with the slug gun because I was hunting deer, later that day my buddy missed him on the run with a slug on his way back from his treestand and then he had him under his stand during the extended gun weekend but decided to pass because we were deer hunting.

This damn thing has probably killed hundreds of birds and bunnies. If the coyotes don't get it before me I can guarantee you he is living its last live.

023.jpg

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I popped one on the walk this year at 42 yards with a G5 small game head. It was a lucky shot, but it did the job. I hit 2" below the ear. The only bad thing was, I couldn't get the head back out of his head! LOL!!!

Did I mention I hate cats!!!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Set some traps you will catch him.....I love hunting feral cats, I have killed 3 at my place in the last couple months.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Oh dudes, I could never do that to a cat...unless of course it was trying to bite me or something.

rrr

Let's just say that when you work on a farm market on the edge of town, people drop kittens off all the time.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Just curious, but why do people hate cats? I've never understood why most men hate them. Sure they kill mice, maybe a bird or two, and shoot maybe even the occasional poult. However, guess who what other animal kills more of these critters? Hawks kill a lot more so why don't we hate them?

I don't know if I'd ever kill a cat just to kill it. If you want to then that's fine, but I just don't see what the benefit is. I get killing yotes and ground/feral hogs because they actually do damage, but a cat?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am allergic to cats. I don't have anything against them. I just don't have anything for them. Only killed one my entire life. It had been hit by a car. Needed to end it's suffering.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Just curious, but why do people hate cats? I've never understood why most men hate them. Sure they kill mice, maybe a bird or two, and shoot maybe even the occasional poult. However, guess who what other animal kills more of these critters? Hawks kill a lot more so why don't we hate them?

I don't know if I'd ever kill a cat just to kill it. If you want to then that's fine, but I just don't see what the benefit is. I get killing yotes and ground/feral hogs because they actually do damage, but a cat?
cause we can't talk about killin feral hawks legally:smiley_clap::pickle:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
In the case of the one I shot, I watched him run deer off a food plot and piss on my feeder 3 nights in a row. The next evening, he walked in front of 425 grains of projectile. He picked the fight, I just finished it.

As for cats in general, they're bitches. I've only been around a couple of good ones. But if they run wild, tear into my trash, cause trouble in the woods, or piss/shit where they shouldn't, they're added to the hit list.

Buckrun

Why I hate cats.
1. My dogs don’t have flees. I don’t need to treat them for flees that is until a cat comes roaming into our yard and sneaks into a empty dog house and hangs around and has her kittens.
2. Then sneak around and have kittens in the empty dog house I have.
3. They kill more baby rabbits and birds than you would believe.
4. I feel coyotes have more of a right to be running around in the wild than a cat. I don’t hate coyotes like some around here do.
5. I have to buy a license for my dog and have to keep it pinned up. Not so with cats. Cat people just let them roam.

I shot a cat a month or so ago that was starting to hang around. Now there is another one. I figure if there are cats coming around this time of year there must be a bunch of mice in the area. They spend a lot of time setting near my compost pile. I haven’t shot this one yet. But if I see kittens I am going to be pissed.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Hawks and owls do their fair share of damage, but they do it for food. Cats are just out right killers that kill just to kill. Kind of like a guy who shoots a deer and leaves it lay. I also get tired of my bushes and stuff in my garage smelling like cat piss. Pretty bad when you can't leave your own garage door open. It also burns the hell out of me when I find cat shit in the garden, or when they tear up my garbage before it goes to the road.

I don't let any cats walk free in the woods I hunt and trap.

Buckrun

Yea I forgot to mention the smell.

They also come into the garage and get into the trash when we leave the door open. We can't put the trash out until the morning the trash goes because of cats. I have seen them in our trash so I know it is them.

I think I will shoot the cat the next time I see it. This has gotten me pissed all over again. To think I was getting soft letting this damn cat hang around!

I'll set mouse traps.

Last edited: