Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fin Feather Fur cva .450 bushmaster

Bigcountry40

Why not make them use a smoothbore shotgun with slugs. Pretty cushy using a 450., :D
You ain't lying, missed like 6 deer with a smooth bore and some 3.00 sluggers in my teenage years . I ain't lettin 'em use my 4 wheeler either, not trying to raise pussys

Reactions: cspot

Bigcountry40

In all seriousness think about what each of us started with- single shot 12 with two packs of sluggers, wearing my carhart bibs, rompin and stompin state land, highfiving your buddy when he killed a 90# button buck, then dragging it like a mile- makes me smile just thinking about. It was simple, pure, no fancy equipment.

In all seriousness think about what each of us started with- single shot 12 with two packs of sluggers, wearing my carhart bibs, rompin and stompin state land, highfiving your buddy when he killed a 90# button buck, then dragging it like a mile- makes me smile just thinking about. It was simple, pure, no fancy equipment.

Well, I started with a .243 because I live in a rifle state. The difference is today some people would criticize you for shooting a BB. Back in those days no one cared. Everyone would be happy for you.

Bigcountry40

Well, I started with a .243 because I live in a rifle state. The difference is today some people would criticize you for shooting a BB. Back in those days no one cared. Everyone would be happy for you.
People in NC still use .243, watched my 82 year old neighbor drop a hog with a .243 from about 125 yards, plenty of bullet

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
People in NC still use .243, watched my 82 year old neighbor drop a hog with a .243 from about 125 yards, plenty of bullet

I still use a .243 in PA for rifle. I went to some bigger caliber for a while, but then I found out that they couldn't kill them any deader than the little old .243.

A .243 will kill anything needing killed in the lower 48..... Wish Ohio would allow it for deer....