Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally made it

I can finally say i am a Deputy Sheriff!!! Yesterday i graduated the georgia police academy and i am back home for a while. I never imagined the amount of stress that would come with the task but to say im glad it's behind us would be an understatement. Coming home on friday night and leaving sunday at lunch has been rough and having my little girl crying when i left has cut me to the bone. I can't express the mountain of gratitude i have for my wife for all the support and holding things down for the past 3 months. She kept reminding me it would all be worth it in the end. I woke up this morning with a new since of pride about myself, a new level of self worth. I have been in the game for a few years but not like this. Untill 1400 yesterday i was JUST a corrections officer or JUST a detention officer but today i am a Deputy Sheriff. To alot of people it means nothing but to me it means the world. I earned that title nobody give it to me. I have been born into a new brotherhood and built life long bonds with those around me. It is amazing how quickly some of your best friends in the world can be made when you are put in crap situations together. I still have the most respect for those who work in the jails and prisons for they are the one's who live in the crap every single day but are the least respected and the least recognized. Now it's off to the next step. I start swat school october 14th and the sky is the limit after that. To all my new brothers and sisters i pray that God give us all stength, courage, intergity, and protection as we go out into the cold world everyday. Anyways guys its good to be back, good to be done with the academy, and time to get in the woods. Good luck to everybody the season and be safe out there. Thanks for reading
f5fw5w8J-83544880.jpg
imagejpeg_4.jpg
VsFR8nao-83547694.jpg

Last edited: