Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelyshedded and Fullbore shed finds of 2016-2017 season

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
It looks like a good time to start looking! When do people generally start looking?

I look every time I step in the woods or walk a field! I really start looking around muzzy season. When I start hearing people shooting big does with bloody spots on their heads.(That's another issue), but that's when I put my head on a swivel and start taking rides on my side by side. I don't start combing the country side till March.

OO2

In the Uplands
I'll bring the go pro along to record my findings. I've had good luck with sheds so far this year so it could make for some good footage!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I like to start more in February and March.
Lot of half racks running around right now and you dont wanna push em out of your area.
I usually just keep checking my cams and let them tell me when most have dropped.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ron got this fella coming into a community scrape on our farm.

Many different bucks hit it but 90% of the visits were at night though. Anyway we kept it on the lowdown for a couple weeks or so till we started hearing others talk about him in the area. One LO in particular shared this photo of him and said we might want to start shed hunting our place cuz there was a good chance his left side could be on our place.

So Ron took a stroll right away and found it.

I guess several including us would love to be the fortunate one to find that really cool right side! It's on the ground cuz the LO who sent us the half rack photo also sent us a totally clean shed buck that we think is him in same field a night or two later.

I'll keep y'all posted....