Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finished the Mods on my Ascend 10T

Finished the mods on my Ascend 10T!!!

* Raised the seat 6" with 1" square aluminum tubing and tennis balls to protect the ends....plus, it makes for a snug fit.
* Tomorrow, I'll test drive the outriggers. This should make a huge difference in the stability, while standing and fishing. 1 1/4" schedule 40 pvc to 3/4" pvc, except for the curved 45 degree elbow, which is 1 1/4" electrical pvc. Threaded rod 4" long fits into 1/2" reducers with nylock nuts, to hold the boat bumpers that I used for pontoons.
* The 4 rod, rod holder fits nicely into the top of the 4 way fitting for the outriggers. It's all 1/2" pvc with 1" bottom posts that fit snugly into the outrigger 4 way. The actual rod holder was purchased at Bass Pro Shops.
  • Approx. $70 for the parts to build the outriggers.
  • Approx. $40 for the rod holder.
  • Less than $25 to raise the seat.
Bowhunter57

Attachments

• Accessories 1.jpg
    Accessories 1.jpg
    877 KB · Views: 5,970
  • Accessories 2.jpg
    Accessories 2.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 2,554
  • Accessories 3.jpg
    Accessories 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4,743
  • Accessories 4.jpg
    Accessories 4.jpg
    893.7 KB · Views: 3,070
  • Accessories 5.jpg
    Accessories 5.jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 2,849
Looks great. How long will the pvc last? Will it get brittle in the sun?

Sgt Fury,
Thanks! I enjoy fabricating things like this for hunting and fishing.
I've seen pvc last for 15+ years, even with constant outside sun exposure. However, this pvc has been painted and it'll be stored inside, when not in use. So, I'd say it'll last for over 20 years easily.

Reactions: Sgt Fury
You can fabricate nearly anything that you can "engineer" in your mind. A few ideas from YouTube helps too. (y)
Here's a Perception Sound 10.5 that I used to own with a milk create to I attached my rod holders. Trolling rod holders are Scottys and their location depends on a person's paddle stroke, so that they aren't in the way. :cool:

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• Perception Sound 10.5 A.jpg
    Perception Sound 10.5 A.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 411
  • Perception Sound 10.5.jpg
    Perception Sound 10.5.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 369
Reactions: Isaacorps