Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First bow-buck down!!!!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
That is an awesome buck Matt. Kinda weird that you and PJ killed your first bucks on the same day. Milo taught me all about passing it on and to see you two great bucks this weekend, was simply awesome. Congrats man. I'm happy for you...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Man Matt, that's one heck of a first bow buck! I knew he was a nice deer, but it's hard to get a good idea of size until you have something in the picture for reference. Glad all you guys are dropping good deer this year. Looks like it's gonna be a good year for the TOO clan! Congrats on one hell of a first bow buck Matt!

Matt

Norton, OH
Thanks fellas!!!!

Just to reiterate, not my first buck, not my first bow kill, just my first buck with a bow, but exciting nonetheless!!!!!

On the slug, unless it hit something prior to the deer and tumbled in backwards, that slug is positioned on the way OUT. Like it penetrated then lost velocity and was caught by the hide on the back side. I agree, craziness....

Matt

Norton, OH
That is an awesome buck Matt. Kinda weird that you and PJ killed your first bucks on the same day. Milo taught me all about passing it on and to see you two great bucks this weekend, was simply awesome. Congrats man. I'm happy for you...

Thanks buddy, your a big reason why I am so ate up with this. Always been a hunter, but you helped fuel the fire getting me my first vertical bow and having me down to hunt at your place. I definitely know what you feel about getting people started into it. I am having a blast trying to get my friend on his first deer. I think I will be just as excited if he gets one too!

Matt

Norton, OH
This is what you do when you don't have a cart, your deer dies a mile in, the trees are too thick to get an atv through, and you don't want to mess up a cape. ;) Goin' old school. :smiley_crazy:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Awesome buck Matt!! Congrats, those were some great pictures, especially the arrow & blood trail shots. Nice job!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congratulations on a great first bow buck!!!! He's definitely one to be proud of. I think you'll be very happy with Brian's taxidermy work... he did a great job on my euro mount a couple months ago.