Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletch's 2019 N.J. Bear Season......

Fletch

Supporting Member
I heard 94 bears were shot yesterday that's double last year's opening day total.... Strange that 3 of us hunting spots that were 50-60 miles apart that had bears constantly on cam drew a blank... Although 2 of us could have shot small bears and filled our tags... Here's a few more pics of bear I saw...

IMG_20191014_080741.jpg
IMG_20191014_080708.jpg
IMG_20191014_080659.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
58 bears shot yesterday bringing the 2 day total to 152... Shows exactly how many bears there are, with hunter numbers down due to all state land closed to bear hunting by our wonderful govenor... Should make for some interesting hiking by the tree huggers by the time he's out of office..

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fletch

Supporting Member
19 bears harvested yesterday bringing the total to 171.... Wind gust's to 35 mph today with scattered showers so I'm home... Will do all day sits dark to dark on Fri. and Sat. with the muzzy... We'll see what happens... If I strike out.... I'll remember what a TOO member say's: All the fun and no mess... And it will be easier on my wallet as harvesting that big bear will definitely put a dent in my wallet.... Going rate to skin and butcher a bear is $1.00 a pound... So a 500 lb bear is going to cost you $500.00 to process...

Reactions: brock ratcliff

Fletch

Supporting Member
Nothing this morning and it was perfect.... Has me puzzled as fresh bear shit everywhere.... Alot of acorns in it... Must be comming out at night and feeding... Wasn't going out tonight, but with all the fresh sign, I have to give it one last sit.....

Fletch

Supporting Member
So went back to the same spot as this morning around 3pm... Once again it was dead.... Around 6:15 it's getting too dark to shoot in those laurel thickets, just can't see all the limbs... So I just finished packing my stuff up when I see a bear... He looked like a good one although not one of the Giants that are in the area... Tried picking him up in the scope, but just too dark... Probably was a good thing as I don't need a 300 lber... So that ends our first half of the season, second half picks up during our buck firearm season in Dec... Basically hunt 2 1/2 days this week and saw 3 bears... Not a bad week.....

Reactions: giles