Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletch's 2020 Six Day Firearm N.J. Season...

Fletch

Supporting Member
So I figured I start this so you guys can follow along what's happening 400+ miles East of you.... Between George and me maybe we can keep you guys entertain for awhile.... Both deer and bears will be legal game.... I've gotten away from gearing up for bears because I've been chasing a certain buck I call Casper the ghost.... Never seen him in person, but have several pics of him throughout Oct. and early Nov.
I'm hoping he went searching for a girlfriend and will be back...Just hope he don't shed early as someone saw one yesterday with bloody holes on his head...
There's also another buck in another area that I'd like to get...Might go after him first then concentrate on Casper.... We are allowed 2 bucks this week.... Bears just gotta see what happens as I'm set up in some areas that border swamps that bears are in... So final preparations are in order...Breaking out the old Baker tree stand... No J I'm not losing it... Gonna attach it at the base of a tree and sit on it... So if you'd like come along for the ride
I'll update this as the days go by... I'll try not to make it a novel as Denny does... Denny we love ya don't worry....

So today I went and checked the 870... Shot it at 100 yds give or take... Shot off the hood of my truck with a rolled up blanket... Might shoot again Sun. with a dead sled... But for now my shots are 30-40 yds in heavy laurel, so this will bring home the bacon... Slug was Remington Accu Tips...
PXL_20201204_153742378.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Thanks guys.... Not much happening here today, pouring outside... Might go help a friend bait as he wants to take 150 lbs. of corn in... No quad and it's about a mile in... So guess I'll go help... Dave backpack is in the garage... Gonna take a few sammichs and apples with me Monday, if yogi wants them hell have to eat an Accu-Tip first....
Nice days forcasted for the week, with temps only reaching 50 and lows dipping down into the 20s... This means you have time to get the bears out of the woods without them spoiling unlike back in early Oct. when temps were in the 70s..

Last edited:

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ok went and helped friend bait.... George this is how we do it in the mountains of Northwest Jersey... No freaking quad like you flatland guys need.... So I did my good deed for the day and tomorrow I'll go check cameras...
image.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Ok went and helped friend bait.... George this is how we do it in the mountains of Northwest Jersey... No freaking quad like you flatland guys need.... So I did my good deed for the day and tomorrow I'll go check cameras...
View attachment 115405
That looks pretty flat to me!😂 I use army duffel bags when I bait...fill three with corn and carry into the woods. Maybe I should bring one with me to Ohio then I could cut the deer in half, stuff it into a duffel and off I go! Second thought, these hills would still kick my ass.😂

Fletch

Supporting Member
Hey the hills kick everyone's ass.. The area we were in is a slight incline not a big hill... But it still was roughly a mile... That walked kicked my ass... And believe me I'm not bragging that I still can do it at 70... Thank God I still can... My doctor last year during my second stint in the hospital. Said you've had septis (whatever it's called) for over a month what's keeping you alive???? Told him guess I'm crazy and am always pushing it to the max... He said well it's working.... Guess one day they'll find me with a massive heart attack... Oh well.... Believe me if I had property the first thing I'm buying is a quad.... But I still like going in the woods for my EKG... Check out this sign we found in another woods when checking it out for a friend... I'm assuming someone put it up years ago and doubt there was a bus stop there...
IMG_20201205_112659.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Hey the hills kick everyone's ass.. The area we were in is a slight incline not a big hill... But it still was roughly a mile... That walked kicked my ass... And believe me I'm not bragging that I still can do it at 70... Thank God I still can... My doctor last year during my second stint in the hospital. Said you've had septis (whatever it's called) for over a month what's keeping you alive???? Told him guess I'm crazy and am always pushing it to the max... He said well it's working.... Guess one day they'll find me with a massive heart attack... Oh well.... Believe me if I had property the first thing I'm buying is a quad.... But I still like going in the woods for my EKG... Check out this sign we found in another woods when checking it out for a friend... I'm assuming someone put it up years ago and doubt there was a bus stop there...
View attachment 115406
Hats off to ya bud! Hope I can still trudge through the woods when I’m 70...if I make it that long.😂

rooster85

Lake County
View attachment 115406

I’ll go with you next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fletch and giles

Fletch

Supporting Member
Hats off to ya bud! Hope I can still trudge through the woods when I’m 70...if I make it that long.😂
I’ll go with you next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
George you look like you'll be fine,, Rooster you've seen what Jersey has to offer as far as some beautiful mountainous areas.... I've said it many times... Anyone wanna come hunt bears I'd welcome EACH and EVERYONE of you... I'd do my best to help with everything from licenses to putting everyone in a spot with bears.... Always said a TOO Bear Hunt get together would be cool... Maybe in the future if they continue the hunts... Some of the wide open wild spaces of North Jersey would amaze some... Heck put some in The Newark Watershed and they may spend the night....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Went and checked cameras today and turned a hang on stand half way around tree... Camera had nothing... Not a single deer or bear...Not overly excited but it is what it is.... Gotta play the cards your dealth... Giles don't count on a nut shot from me... Off to bed up at 4:30...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Gonna hunt where my camera was messed with as I feel there's more deer there... Gonna be cold in the morning and I don't have a stand so I'm breaking out the TSS... Put at bottom of tree and sit on it... Too old to be sitting on that frozen tundra...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
PXL_20201207_012922079.jpg