Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FLORIDA HOG HUNT 2023

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
word is one of the other Ohio guys killed a good sow yesterday after I left. Then the last Ohio guy who has yet to kill shot and missed two sows that jumped up but he did manage to dome one of the piglets with his 9mm. 😅

IMG_5576.jpg

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
There will be three new members as of today and two will be telling their stories on their first pigs ever harvested! I’ll save it for them. I believe we are up to 7 or 8 so far. 2 more full days of hunting coming at ya! Double digit goals for these new ohio boys! Steaks on the grill, ribs and home made coleslaw on the menu for tonight. @Jackalope i stepped on pop’s scale this morning… I’m down 11lbs since last Thursday

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Everybody made it home safely! No hiccups, just a bunch of tired boys! Finished with 12 dead pigs in our group in total. One hell of a time with some awesome guys! Next year we go back, bigger and better!

Good to hear. That's a hell of a drive for you guys. I had a great time and we made a great camp. Everyone got after it and left it all in the field.

Next year we're going to absolutely slaughter them with the info we gained this year. It's still bugging me we didn't get a chance to walk out that dry area past where I killed mine. Looking at it more on onx there's quite a bit if dry in there surrounded by swamp.

Screenshot_20230205-100258_onX Hunt.jpg

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Good to hear. That's a hell of a drive for you guys. I had a great time and we made a great camp. Everyone got after it and left it all in the field.

Next year we're going to absolutely slaughter them with the info we gained this year. It's still bugging me we didn't get a chance to walk out that dry area past where I killed mine. Looking at it more on onx there's quite a bit if dry in there surrounded by swamp.

View attachment 172618
We will definitely do some more romping around. We walked Barnett Creek quite a bit the last few days and saw more sign than I did all week 😂

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We will definitely do some more romping around. We walked Barnett Creek quite a bit the last few days and saw more sign than I did all week 😂

I'm thinking early bow season would be absolute tits. Hogs haven't been messed with much and you should be able to slip up on their fat ass pretty easy. Some on the ground bow stalking would be killer. Mid sept through mid Oct. Hop a flight to Nola, Gulfport, or even Pensacola and I'll pick you up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chancegriffis

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
I'm thinking early bow season would be absolute tits. Hogs haven't been messed with much and you should be able to slip up on their fat ass pretty easy. Some on the ground bow stalking would be killer. Mid sept through mid Oct. Hop a flight to Nola, Gulfport, or even Pensacola and I'll pick you up.
Oh buddy, early bow is ridiculous there😂deer hunting and pig hunting