Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Fluteman's Custom Wrist Slings

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I was just holding one of my arrows up to the screen against the neon green & black sling. It's gonna look sweet, can't wait to put it on my bow!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
flute,

can you do me a green/brown for my rangefinder? enough to put my arm and head through? no rush

I will see what I can figure out Wayne. Take a look at the color list and tell me what you want. Also, if you could get a piece of string and find what length you feel comfortable with, that would be great. I'm just gonna have to wing this thing, but it should turn out pretty sweet.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Built these three last night for Camofry. The first is Black/Kelly Green, then White/Purple, and the last is all Camo.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I will see what I can figure out Wayne. Take a look at the color list and tell me what you want. Also, if you could get a piece of string and find what length you feel comfortable with, that would be great. I'm just gonna have to wing this thing, but it should turn out pretty sweet.

Greg,

4' should be plenty! Camo like the picture above would be sweet!!

The way it hooks up is just by a little ring, So i am guessing I would have to use an old key chain to connect to the range finder, and then another one on the sling.

I think it is going to be awesome!! I will be wearing it on film 99% of the time so everyone will see it. Hopefully i'll get some, "hey where did you get that sling from?"

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Alright Wayne, this is what I came up with. It looks good, but it's stiff. Not that it's a bad thing, just telling ya like it is.

The loop part is 52" long, and the lead with the ring on it is 3". Let me know what you think.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Damn Greg, should of posted the pictures of you with the range finder in the mullet section..... J/K rotflmao

Nice work on the slings... How long does it usually take too make one????

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Damn Greg, should of posted the pictures of you with the range finder in the mullet section..... J/K rotflmao

Nice work on the slings... How long does it usually take too make one????

Haha, that "douche" in the Boston hat in the Mullet thread is me!

Typical wrist slings take me around 15 minutes, the rangefinder sling took around a half hour. Certain braids take longer, but I try to stay away from those unless specified. I have been doing it long enough that I can watch tv while I'm doing it, so it's not really a chore to build them.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Greg, what's your paypal account ID? My neighbor next door saw my wrist sling and would like one now. I was hoping you could make one just like the camo one I got from you at the BEC shoot.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Alright fellas, I'm ready to tackle some duck call lanyards, but I need your help. I don't know the first thing about duck hunting, so I don't know much about the calls and lanyards either. Those of you that do duck hunt, what do you look for in a lanyard. do you like lots of call ties up and down the lanyard, or do you like for them all to hang on the very end? How many call ties would be a good number to start with, and should I double them up for each call? Should those ties be 4"long, or 6", or ??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have some ideas in mind, but I want to build a few and get some feeback before I start building them seriously. I want them to be top notch before I start selling them, as I am a perfectionist, and would only sell something I would use myself. I thought about starting with something similar to the rangefinder sling, with a small round braid, and going from there. I can always build them with the flat cobra braid, but that takes more cord and would end up costing more.

Guys, any feedback would be grealy appreciated. Maybe if we can come up with something, I will have a drawing and give a couple away for anyone interested. Thanks fellas!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Alright fellas, I'm ready to tackle some duck call lanyards, but I need your help. I don't know the first thing about duck hunting, so I don't know much about the calls and lanyards either. Those of you that do duck hunt, what do you look for in a lanyard. do you like lots of call ties up and down the lanyard, or do you like for them all to hang on the very end? How many call ties would be a good number to start with, and should I double them up for each call? Should those ties be 4"long, or 6", or ??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have some ideas in mind, but I want to build a few and get some feeback before I start building them seriously. I want them to be top notch before I start selling them, as I am a perfectionist, and would only sell something I would use myself. I thought about starting with something similar to the rangefinder sling, with a small round braid, and going from there. I can always build them with the flat cobra braid, but that takes more cord and would end up costing more.

Guys, any feedback would be grealy appreciated. Maybe if we can come up with something, I will have a drawing and give a couple away for anyone interested. Thanks fellas!

I'm really glad to hear this, Greg. Offering custom call lanyards would really open up your customer base. There are a ton of duck/goose hunters out there, and most are pretty intimate with their calls and lanyards. Give them an opportunity to customize ANYTHING, and they're all over it. Here's my 2 cents....

What do I look for in a lanyard? Same thing as all of my other hunting gear... QUALITY. With your wrist sling reputation, this will be a non-issue in your call lanyards. Personally, I like lanyards that keep the call ties spread out... not all at the end. This does a couple things... It reduces extra noises from calls banging off each other, and also it will help reduce exterior wear on the calls. The last thing I want is my $150 goose call clanking around and getting scuffed up for no reason. Call tie length should be at least 4", but anywhere from 4 to 6" should be perfect. And DEFINITELY make them double-drops. If you've only got the ability to attach the drop to either the front or back of the call, you can easily loose the other half (trust me, it's happened to every duck hunter out there). You want a drop to attach to the front of the call and a drop to attach to the back. That way, if they should happen to separate, worst case scenario is you loose the reed(s) or guts... Those can be replaced at very little price. Number of call ties? That's going to be a matter of personal preference for most guys. I like 5 because it puts on in the middle and two on each side, all the while giving me the capability to carry multiple calls for varying conditions. Some guys may want more, some may want less... depending on how many calls they typically take into the marsh or field. I would say offer 3, 4, 5, and 6 tie lanyards... Just so guys have choices. Another good item to add would be a single drop off to one side, but up above the calls... So that guys can attach a dog whistle, or collar remote, or whatever. My lanyard has one up top on the right side, with just a snap clip on the end of it. When I'm not using it, I can attach the snap clip to my lanyard so it doesn't flop around.

I tell you what, Greg... Duck season is still a little ways away so if you'd like I can send you my lanyard and calls to use for a reference. Early goose and teal season is coming up, but I don't need a lanyard for shooting geese in the fields and I don't need a duck call for the teal... So you're more than welcome to borrow it. Lemme know. I can't wait to see how these turn out man!