Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fort Spence

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Doesn’t everybody? 😂
879A3654-87BB-4848-9D0D-74AC965F78D1.gif

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
@Spencie

You holding out on us or what?

Ever get that feeder fixed?

How bout those trail cameras, they working?

I miss what's happenen down in your neck of the woods. I really enjoyed your past posts that you've shared already.

Anyways, I hope all is well with you, your family and whatever deer you intend on chasing this season!

Best of luck to ya!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
@Spencie

You holding out on us or what?

Ever get that feeder fixed?

How bout those trail cameras, they working?

I miss what's happenen down in your neck of the woods. I really enjoyed your past posts that you've shared already.

Anyways, I hope all is well with you, your family and whatever deer you intend on chasing this season!

Best of luck to ya!
No sir, I’m not holding out.
I’ve repaired the feeder.
The trail cams are working flawlessly.
All is well down here, thanks for asking.
I’m following along, just haven’t seen much point in posting lately. Got a lot of solid deer with potential and don’t need any “internet poachers” sneaking around.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Spence,

Keep us updated on that mulching project. My experience is that most of that brush will grow back with a vengeance if it wasn't herbicide treated. Vegetative type makes a difference though. Im curious what yours does.
I agree! I haven’t followed this thread enough to know if he herbicide treated or not but I would love to see how this turns out. Have a few similar projects for this spring I would like to tackle.

Reactions: finelyshedded

LonewolfNopack

The woods
My experience are mulchers work great if you are making a driveway or house lot, otherwise prepare for lots of herbicide use in years to follow. Most guys that I know with mulching services aren't exactly honest when they advertise. It's definitely a cool tool, but far from a one and done. Kinda why I'm curious how this particular project turns out...

Last edited:

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
My experience are mulchers work great if you are making a driveway or house lot, otherwise prepare for lots of herbicide use in years to follow. Most guys that I know with mulching services aren't exactly honest when they advertise. It's definitely a cool tool, but far from a one and done. Kinda why I'm curious how this particular project turns out...
We have a couple food plots that were mulched. They are no different than existing fields as far as unwanted growth. The woods areas that were mulched have a lot of natural growth. I’m ok with that since it provides browse and we will keep it mowed anyway.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
We have a couple food plots that were mulched. They are no different than existing fields as far as unwanted growth. The woods areas that were mulched have a lot of natural growth. I’m ok with that since it provides browse and we will keep it mowed anyway.
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming you spray your plots annually regardless before planting or are they perennial?

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
When we plant a fall plot or introduce a perennial we spray. Lately we have been going with clover, chicory or alfalfa for year round use.
There was a time that I spent hours weed eating around stumps in plots thinking a “clean” look was what I wanted. One year I didn’t have the time to get that done but noticed the deer spent as much time browsing on the briars and weeds around those stumps as they did eating what was planted. So I no longer worry about it. A lot of my stumps have minerals on and around them now.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Here is the latest project: finished basement/man cave. I was going to finish a small tv area and gun room last year but my employer did not give me the time off and wanted to pay for it. So this winter I painted the ceiling black (hesitantly) and my wife stained the floor. Because she is involved it turned into a much bigger project. The contractor started yesterday on the walls. I will update progress as we go for anyone that is interested.
Ceiling before and after.
77BDBA31-BFEC-4E0A-83BC-8911E5B3D470.jpeg
2EB6FFEA-54ED-4610-9D29-66395D553E48.jpeg
5764BEE4-2938-4512-9750-91EC429DD78C.jpeg
AED864C3-5C41-4B79-A1B3-06D1D5727788.jpeg