Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Found a Small Rub.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Don't city deer know they aren't supposed to do this for another month... Stupid deer looks like he found him some city meth..

Click to make larger.
crap2.jpgrub2.jpg

I also found 2 rubs the other day while walking the dog along the creek

Neither tree was over 1 1/2" in dia
So I figured a small buck was just feeling frisky and cleaning his rack

But I have a stand farther along the creek that I may hunt Sat evening

John

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Danged Al Gore and his global warmin' got the deerclock all fubar'ed

You laugh but a couple years ago i was hunting wildcat hollow for turks. I met a local in the woods and we started swapping observations.. Which was pretty much the birds had gone tight lipped. Then he said something to this day i will never forget.. It was the year where daylight savings came 2 weeks early.. He said "I think that daylight savings commin early this year has em all messed up..." I shook my head in agreement. Wished him luck and proceed to go find me a hollow i could roll around in until my guts hurt from laughing. Somebody forgot to tell the turks to turn their clocks back! They're gobblins all off a time like two weeks behind or somethin. ROTFLMAO

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
You laugh but a couple years ago i was hunting wildcat hollow for turks. I met a local in the woods and we started swapping observations.. Which was pretty much the birds had gone tight lipped. Then he said something to this day i will never forget.. It was the year where daylight savings came 2 weeks early.. He said "I think that daylight savings commin early this year has em all messed up..." I shook my head in agreement. Wished him luck and proceed to go find me a hollow i could roll around in until my guts hurt from laughing. Somebody forgot to tell the turks to turn their clocks back! They're gobblins all off a time like two weeks behind or somethin. ROTFLMAO

Sad to say but one of my best buddies told me and another buddy at our Mich. deer camp the same thing. "Daylight savings has them all fugged up". Lucky that dumb fugger had not only the dope but he is a good to dude to have in a fight on bar night. We blew him alot of shit about it but he still did not get it. I finally had to sit him down at a table with a pad of paper and write it down for him before he "got it". Silly bastard!! Simple as he can be he will be my buddy for another 27 years, God willing!!

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra

Here you go..........Yep, the sun comes up earlier during daylight savings time!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Drove to the back of the 3.72 acre new property to dump some apples.. There is a slight hill by the house so you can't see the back of the property, Then there is a dip in the back by the fence. The deer stage here before coming up to the house to eat from the five apple trees right out the back door...

I picked up a 50 gal drum of apples and drove back to dump them under where i'm putting a stand in the staging area.

City deer are DUMB! I drove right up within bow range. :) They wandered into the woods 30 yards and watched me dump the apples right where they were standing in the pic.

Does however aren't on the hit list until late season