Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Found the one I am after..

Mao

Coshocton, OH
095.jpg104.jpg043.jpg105.jpg

Well after countless basket racks and lots of 2.5 year olds with potential, i found the one I am after. He looks to be 4.5 to me and I think he has a deceptively big rack to go with the huge body. I'd say 150ish... What you do guys think???

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Both nice deer. I don't know if I would go after the second one knowing the first one is out there waiting. Easy to say from my seat though. From the tree stand, it might be a different opinion. Best of luck!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well after countless basket racks and lots of 2.5 year olds with potential, i found the one I am after. He looks to be 4.5 to me and I think he has a deceptively big rack to go with the huge body. I'd say 150ish... What you do guys think???

That's a dandy mature buck right there. Those brow tines are just plain wicked... they look like they actually hook forward from the side view. I think you're pretty close on score and age. I'd say 3.5+ yrs old and mid 140s.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
i am almost sure this is the buck i jumped setting my first cam of the year back in mid july... i just remembered seeing real long brow tines heading away from me..gotta be him

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That is one cool looking rack. I love his brows, I think J was right about them curling forward. He isn't very wide though and I think that will hurt his overall score. He might make 140 gross, but I think you would be hard pressed to break 140 as a net score. Not trying to sound negative but that is just my thinking.

No matter what he scores he would be a great buck to have on the wall with some great character. Best of luck Marcus.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
That is one cool looking rack. I love his brows, I think J was right about them curling forward. He isn't very wide though and I think that will hurt his overall score. He might make 140 gross, but I think you would be hard pressed to break 140 as a net score. Not trying to sound negative but that is just my thinking.

No matter what he scores he would be a great buck to have on the wall with some great character. Best of luck Marcus.

Thanks Steve. I honestly could care less about the score of this buck. He is mature and has heavy antlers. That is what I am looking for. Best of luck to you too!