Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Friend in need of prayers

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Been getting daily updates. Pretty consistent. He has been weened off sedation, then back on. Off again. Working physcial therapy- they get him sitting up on the side of the bed. He can smile or nod to respond. I've been praying along with so many others. They are trying to get him strong enough to qualify for lung transplant. Consistent updates slowly moving in the right direction is what we are getting.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No big gains, but will take steady small gains as a win. Tests show the lungs are pretty much gone. Collapsed and in poor shape. The PT is going well enough they are talking about him now being eligible for a lung transplant. Sad when this is the good news, but he is still fighting.

No big gains, but will take steady small gains as a win. Tests show the lungs are pretty much gone. Collapsed and in poor shape. The PT is going well enough they are talking about him now being eligible for a lung transplant. Sad when this is the good news, but he is still fighting.
Prayers for him and the medical staff supporting him.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Poor Matt and his family. This guy is a fighter. Was losing blood. Opened him up with a team of surgeons (after bedside CT scans and such). Found and removed a ruptured spleen. Not sure how it can even rupture without an impact? Next day he was leaking/seeping thru packing and open bandages. Opened him again to discover they nicked the liver. Made repair and now dealing with seeping. Sounds like it continues to slow down. Just another set back. Still on a trach tube and double ECMO as I understand it. Still has hurdles to cross to qualify for lung transplant list. He is receiving prayers from more people than he realizes. Many many churches in the area have him in their prayers. Goes to show what a great human being he is.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The last couple months our community has seen one miracle after another. Matt fought hard for close to two months. This afternoon Matt went home to be with God. Rest in peace my friend.

FB_IMG_1677027345935.jpg