Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Full bore and Finelyshedded shed thread of 2013

ohio
Nice to have you back, Dennis. Where in the heck you been? Missed you at the bow shoot

Off -roading takes up a lot of my time during summer, and started a new old job lol at solar shade where I first started in this business 20+ years ago working 6 days a week I wasn't able to make it up there, trust me I wish I could have, now that season is getting close and only one more wheeling trip planned ill be back on here a lot more, I have seasonal hobbies as my wife puts it lol. Plus been disappointed with trail cams lately biggest is a 130 with 8 brow tines lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
YKW

Well Ron the shed magnet managed to find his #37 shed of the year today. It was almost dark and he was going to hang a TC on a crossing along his exit route and while stumbling around in the nearing dark conditions he saw a tree in which he'd hang his stand. Guess what was laying near the base?

YOU GUESSED IT!

Here's a ATL pic

Better pic after he picked it up

He said the smallest circumference around the base was 6"!

YKW........

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Glad to see ya back, Jimmy!
Thanks guys. I just scored it this morning before going church. 23" main beam, with all the rodent damage and scoring only the remaining bone. I came up with 63", if his other side is similar he goes 144" with an 18" inside spread. I hope this joker is still kicking.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Thanks BH. The area that I am hunting is a clear cut with hard woods all around. There ought to be some old warriors still around there. TC pics and sheds are at least keeping my hopes up.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
While milling around one day last week with a walking stick trying to get some deer up for Ron and a friend I found this, do ya see it?

Close up ATL pic

It was in scathed with not one chew mark but just whitened alittle. Here's a pic in front of a nice rub.

What's funny is, just by my nature I look feverishly for the other side knowingly that it was probably already picked up but I can't help myself....lmao.
I brought it into DC and set it on a table and asked one of my buddies who found 3 sheds this past spring to bring them in so I could look at them. When he came walking in Ron and I both immediately saw its mate protruding out from the top of his small pile he had clinched in both hands. Ron jumped up and grabbed it and snatched my shed off the table and held them up together and they were a perfect match. Mine was just lighter due to being weathered some. My buddy found his shed about 1/2-3/4 miles from where I picked mine up.

Sorry but I forgot to take a pic of the set......but I will some day!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It just baffles me how you guys are able to locate sheds. How about you two come up my way in early March and help me look? I have two properties to scour. I'm serious!

I would love to Mike but we live to friggin far apart!:smiley_blackeye: I'm hoping just to be able to come up for the bunny hunt coming up in January! If i do make it maybe we might find a few early drops.