Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fun shop called...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
And my new varmint/Target gun is going to be there Tuesday.

Howa 1500 Custom Varmint in 308 with a bull barrel. Can't wait to see what she can do.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
In this is pic it had a takeoff barrel on it for testing. The barrel that comes with it is matte black.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Nope. It is going to be one of the rifle I take for Elk. When I get tired of lugging it around (10 lbs.) I will use the Marlin XS7S. For know, once it is sighted in, it will be doing Yote duty. Little heavy for yotes but we get chances at some serious long distance when I hunt Crawford County.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The gun is still trapped in Texas. FedEx is saying it has been TOO dangerous to try and deliver. I thought they had all the weather cleaned up down there!

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The gun is still trapped in Texas. FedEx is saying it has been TOO dangerous to try and deliver. I thought they had all the weather cleaned up down there!

Beentown

Nope.. We still have over 52,000 without power in tx.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Well just as a reminder. I finally got this gun in. Mounted a Vortex 6-24x50 scope with target turrets and adjustable objective using Grim Reaper Dednutz one piece mounts. Here is a pic of the finished product:

Today I was able to get out in the wind/rain/sleet/snow and get it dialed in 90%...hell I just wanted to shoot the dang thing! Anyhow I forgot my bore sighter so I just looked down the bore and got the scope "close". I was pretty good left/right but had to walk my shots up. This is at 80 yards because I needed a little shelter from the rain so I got under the porch... The last little group made me happy considering the conditions.

I decided to throw a target up at what I thought was 250 yards...lazed at 232 and took some shots. I am happy and now know the gun can do its part if I do. The middle I pulled it :(

Can't wait to really stretch her legs!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
With the gusty wind/sleet I was pleased. This was with Lake City and 1981 FN surplus. Saved the Gold Match for a nicer day and bags.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have an XS7 in .308

Great light gun. Of the two the Howa is nicer IMHO. Both are going with me this fall for elk in Colorado.

I recommend the XS7 to anyone on a budget that wants a good rife. Mine shoots better than MOA off of bags. I will check to see how much I can get the Howa for and let you know.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Bull Barrel I can get the following calibers for $399

22-250
.204Ruger

For $349 Camo stock in a standard contour barrel I can get:

25--06
30--06

Let me know if you need contact info. It would be no tax but a FFL tranfer would be needed.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
They usually are more than that.

The target/varmint usually runs around the high $600's and the standard contour goes around $490. I am getting them at wholesale prices. That is why I have one now :)

Beentown