Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fury’s garage/man cave project

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Still need to track down a pinball machine but a friend of mine has three arcade video games that he wants to get rid of so I may pick up one of those also. One is centipede, on is galactica, and I forget what the third one was.

That’s the shit. Galactica used to be my choice besides asteroids

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
View attachment 100240View attachment 100241View attachment 100242View attachment 100243View attachment 100244
They finished the garage today...three days total. They got it done real fast! Calling tomorrow to find out when the concrete is coming...they originally told me 7-10 days after completion but with this pandemic going on, maybe they are short of work and can get it done faster. After that, the garage doors go in then the blow in insulation in the attic. They couldn’t get brown entry doors but did give me a gallon of paint that they said is a perfect match. Then comes the fun part...finishing the inside![emoji4]

That’s the shit George. I like using cedar poles for post on the porch w limbs cut 6” to hang shit off of, but that’s just me.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks great. You think you will get much work done out there. . . or mainly drinking beer and telling lies? I know I've seen you building chicken coops and such in different posts. Just curious how you think you will use it mainly. I know mine would be mainly for storage and working. I'm not a huge drinker. I'm more of a stay busy/tinkerer in the shop.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Looks great. You think you will get much work done out there. . . or mainly drinking beer and telling lies? I know I've seen you building chicken coops and such in different posts. Just curious how you think you will use it mainly. I know mine would be mainly for storage and working. I'm not a huge drinker. I'm more of a stay busy/tinkerer in the shop.
Storage mostly...my smaller shed will be the wood shop. Drinking and telling lies will be what goes on the most out there...and I’ve got quite a few drunk liars as friends.😂 Going to build a big table to go under the overhang that has cut outs in the center. I’ll get those small rectangular plastic planters that people use for hanging flowers under windows and place them into the cutouts on the table...then fill with ice when people come over for a barbecue. Keeps the beer cold and when your done, just grab another one from the planter. Only time you need to get up is to piss.😂

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff. Sure looks like it is setup to be able to enjoy. The overhang will be nice. My dumbass would park something under there and never enjoy it for entertainment. Lol

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Storage mostly...my smaller shed will be the wood shop. Drinking and telling lies will be what goes on the most out there...and I’ve got quite a few drunk liars as friends.😂 Going to build a big table to go under the overhang that has cut outs in the center. I’ll get those small rectangular plastic planters that people use for hanging flowers under windows and place them into the cutouts on the table...then fill with ice when people come over for a barbecue. Keeps the beer cold and when your done, just grab another one from the planter. Only time you need to get up is to piss.😂

This is awesome Sgt., keep the pictures coming!

Great looking building sarge and seems like you have everything planned out....enjoy this with your friends...love it when a plan comes together....over where I live, the Amish build many buildings like this and do a good job and do it reasonable....the thing is when you come around they start speaking in a Dutch/German dialogue....always figured they didn’t want the person to know what they were saying!!!!

Reactions: 5Cent and Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
62C400B8-F8F0-478D-A151-00ED3D143706.jpeg
D350CE7D-46CC-48F3-BAE0-B36238C46B91.jpeg
B82B0A91-A88C-4DEE-9E6C-CEE723323AA3.jpeg
489ECB36-EBD7-411E-A971-95D6175EE67B.jpeg

Put up some insulation inside then some OSB plywood. Left the bottom open until the concrete work is done. Also got another load of fill delivered and graded the outside better. Met with the plumber today and am going to meet with the electrician Monday. Going to dig the trench from the house to the garage myself to save some money. Concrete will be done either the end of next week or early the following week...then I can continue finishing the inside.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Still need to track down a pinball machine but a friend of mine has three arcade video games that he wants to get rid of so I may pick up one of those also. One is centipede, on is galactica, and I forget what the third one was.

If I ever did this the garage would have OSB on the walls and be painted white. The white will give off plenty of light reflection, and you can hang anything anywhere without having to worry about finding a stud to hit or putting anchors or Molly's on your sheetrock.

Looking great by the way!!!!!

Reactions: 5Cent and Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
If I ever did this the garage would have OSB on the walls and be painted white. The white will give off plenty of light reflection, and you can hang anything anywhere without having to worry about finding a stud to hit or putting anchors or Molly's on your sheetrock.

Looking great by the way!!!!!
That’s exactly what I’m going to do...there is some black stamped print on the OSB so I’ll cover that with some silver paint, then paint over it white...that should stop the black from bleeding through. Plan on going to Home Depot paint department and asking for the gallons of paint that were off tint and the customer didn’t purchase....you can get them for about 5-7 dollars a gallon. I’ll buy five gallons of their white “off tint” and mix it all together. Hopefully five gallons will get the job done.👍

Reactions: Big_Holla

Fletch

Supporting Member
That’s exactly what I’m going to do...there is some black stamped print on the OSB so I’ll cover that with some silver paint, then paint over it white...that should stop the black from bleeding through. Plan on going to Home Depot paint department and asking for the gallons of paint that were off tint and the customer didn’t purchase....you can get them for about 5-7 dollars a gallon. I’ll buy five gallons of their white “off tint” and mix it all together. Hopefully five gallons will get the job done.👍
So you built that beautiful costly building and your worried about getting paint that is marked down to save a couple of bucks??? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: hickslawns

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I helped a buddy paint his new taxidermy shop and he got a free pale of killz. We rolled it on the the black bleed through pretty good.

I’m thinking a good primer paint would’ve done better. [emoji2373]

Fletch

Supporting Member
I helped a buddy paint his new taxidermy shop and he got a free pale of killz. We rolled it on the the black bleed through pretty good.

I’m thinking a good primer paint would’ve done better. [emoji2373]
Kilz is expensive... Primer would probably done good also... Varnish or shellac will also do good as a base coat...