Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fury’s garage/man cave project

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
AFC772B1-AFC9-4B89-B661-BC79D366BE47.jpeg
6C1DE263-0921-4614-88BF-BEEB94F7348F.jpeg
ED9D5B7C-46C3-4A01-8DB8-7D1241B8F2FC.jpeg
540968AA-C1F1-4BD7-B9CF-60AF1E26201C.jpeg

Concrete work was finished today. Asphalt guy is coming later this week to set up a time/date to connect driveway to the concrete in the garage. Should be able to start building the wall between the bar area and garage on Friday...first I gotta finish insulating and putting up the OSB in the garage. I left the bottom unfinished so the concrete wouldn’t splash up on it before I painted it.

Jamie

Ohio
I would encourage you to not skimp on the painting, particularly the primer for this situation. I deal with the aftermath of builders using the cheapest material and labor possible for painting houses, inside and out, pretty regularly. do it right the first time and you'll be glad you did 10 years from now, 20 years from now. use the best quality stain killing primer meant for use on exterior bare wood that you can lay your hands on. getting that bare wall made of glued together wood chips sealed properly will make a big difference over the long haul. I'd suggest topcoating with high quality exterior flat or satin house paint, depending on whether or not you'll ever want or need to wash the walls. satin will be more washable and have a higher light reflective value than flat.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Don’t think TOO many will drive 8 hours to Jersey...unless they were going to Atlantic City anyways! There is fishing, clamming and crabbing...but it’s not like TD has it in Louisiana. [emoji23]

Lol you funny ole man. We don’t have the edible clams. I might just come visit one day. There is good hunting your way and waterfowl. I ain’t driving for fish.

Reactions: Sgt Fury