Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

G5 Prime

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Anybody seen this bow yet? G5 has two new bows with a pretty extreme cam design called parrallel cams. Apparently they are suppose to help eliminate cam lean. Check it out and see what you think.

http://www.g5prime.com/

Last edited:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I was looking at it earlier. I'm stoked about shooting bows this spring. I definitely plan to spend some time and burn up some miles trying out new rigs. This bow is on the short list of "must shoots"...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow that's a pretty awesome design. G5 is definitely a company worth looking into when it comes to bow shopping.

I was on AT a couple weeks ago and noticed that Kevin Strother is starting yet another archery company... this time in partnership with his wife Kate. I think they are only going to sell a limited number of bows the first year, though. I'm interested to see what these bows look like and if he's finished bouncing around with companies.

I could see some timing issues with the g5 bow down the road. I can see the cable moving out of tune in the ring yoke. Its a new techology and it might have some issues. The strother infinity would be the bow I would buy as of today super smooth, quite, fast, and little hand shock.I'm not sure what kevin is doing with the other company but strother Archery builds a good bow from what I can tell. Ill have to get my hands on an Elite pure and hunter. Elites new bow names are lame compared the gto, z28, gt500, judge...ect. I wont even consider buying one of the new Mathews unless it shoots like nothing else. I really didnt think you could make a uglier bow than the Z7 but apparently you can.
My hot List as of now in no preticular order.
Elite Pure
Elite Hunter
Strother Vanquish
Strother Infinity
Hoyt crx 32

Last edited: