Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Garage sale sucess stories !

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Apple valley has there big sales this weekend lots of nice stuff there and lots of fishing gear since it's built around a lake. Just gave my wife 150 bucks if she found anything we couldn't live with out. I have a feeling I'll have a bunch of kids clothes at the house when I get home.she don't like going with me because if there asking a quarter for something I'll offer them 10 cents. It embarrasses her.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Apple valley has there big sales this weekend lots of nice stuff there and lots of fishing gear since it's built around a lake. Just gave my wife 150 bucks if she found anything we couldn't live with out. I have a feeling I'll have a bunch of kids clothes at the house when I get home.she don't like going with me because if there asking a quarter for something I'll offer them 10 cents. It embarrasses her.

That's half the fun....jewing them down into your court. My best was a Barnett Crossbow. Didn't want it until the kid said "I'll take 13.00 for that bow" SOLD. Put a 10.00 scope on it and sold it on ebay for 197.00

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I got this off antique store $15 and looked it up on ebay its worth more than i thought $30-60 depending on condition. Oil can for railroad. Pretty cool collection for my garage. 20160525_215059.jpg

antiqucycle

East Ohio
My idea of hot deals are items that attract your interest but are also very usable. A simple example is a vintage guitar that has collector value and some you can strum and make music even if you don't know howq to play. Of course I have an interest in guns but its because of the fun you can have shooting targets or hunting with. I did spot a Marlin .444 today at the Rogers "Mall" but the guy wanted $850 uck.
I did see some atlas mason jars today with clamp on lids for $3 each but other than being a decoration, you really would not use them for canning unless you were the bearded amish.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My idea of hot deals are items that attract your interest but are also very usable. A simple example is a vintage guitar that has collector value and some you can strum and make music even if you don't know howq to play. Of course I have an interest in guns but its because of the fun you can have shooting targets or hunting with. I did spot a Marlin .444 today at the Rogers "Mall" but the guy wanted $850 uck.
I did see some atlas mason jars today with clamp on lids for $3 each but other than being a decoration, you really would not use them for canning unless you were the bearded amish.

The ole dirt mall lol... Been there a bunch of times over the years lol... You see all kinds at that place lol

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I picked up a original falcon fishing rod yesterday in perfect condition for $5. Valued at $100 all day.
My best score at a flea market was an old heddon fishing lure, never used in box, paid like $3 for it, sold on ebay for $115 + shipping.

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
20160603_093644.jpg
20160603_093608.jpg
Well i bought these for $30 at yardsale yeterday. Great deal. I got home as i was taking the cd player out i installed the new one out of the box, I was looking for usb port and bluetooth on the new cd player and wasnt able to find out. Come to find out that new cd player wasnt the same model as it showed on the box, fugg me, lol. How did i not see that . That fugging guy should have said Something about it. Lucky fugger got away with $15. Thats okay i needed to get rid of my old one anyway.
After thinking about it, i said to my BIL, let me see my Harley helmet. Son of a bitch...I'll be damn. The helmet wasnt a harley, its a gmaxx. But thats okay as long as its got a dot on it im good, whatever, thay fuggin guy. Im gonna pay a little attention next time, lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Deceptive practices... Turn him into the garage sale police!!!!
Ehh 30 bucks, seems like you still made out ok...

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
Yeah i know, lol. The cd player works fine and he left accidentally left the cd in there and told me not to worry about it. I said i would bring it back but after all this crap, nah im gonna enjoy that cd, lol. The cd that is in the cd player is U2, lol.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I love garage sales but I usually end up buying junk that I should immediately put in a garage sale. Lol

Last week I bought a metal gremlins lunchbox for $5. Don't ask me wtf I'm going to do with but it was a good buy! I'm always looking for tools and outdoors stuff but I get distracted and buy stuff like that instead.

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
I love garage sales but I usually end up buying junk that I should immediately put in a garage sale. Lol

Last week I bought a metal gremlins lunchbox for $5. Don't ask me wtf I'm going to do with but it was a good buy! I'm always looking for tools and outdoors stuff but I get distracted and buy stuff like that instead.

Lol ive been looking fo an oldr hulk metal lunch box.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio

I thought everyone took snacks to the deer blind in a Gremlins Lunchbox.......rotflmao

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I thought everyone took snacks to the deer blind in a Gremlins Lunchbox.......rotflmao

Haha! Maybe I'll do that...

I actually bought a hulk lunchbox at a garage sale a couple years ago but it was $20. At the time I looked it up on eBay and there were a bunch of them but in the condition like the one I had they were selling for about $20. Some were over 100 bucks. I had lunch boxes like that in the 80s so they always get my attention.