Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Geezer

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I was lucky too spend some time with Dan, he was a good man, loved the outdoors and traditional archery. Unfortunately his body was wearing out in his latter years and he couldn’t get out too enjoy it anymore. When I got back from my last deployment, he PM’d me and wanted too take me too breakfast. From there we went too gun shops for some trips too get him out of the house, or I’d just go drink some coffee with him. We lived about 25 min from each other. He was a good man, former marine and school teacher. Was a wealth of knowledge and would share it with anyone interested in learning.

Geezer, give COB a high five when you see him and tell him I said hey!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
5620150E-F317-4E3C-A42D-6F6D222FA2D1.jpeg

This was at the first BuckeyCam shoot. His bow is laying there somewhere. He was waiting for us to get going on the range and wasn’t about to do it standing. I think it was a very short time after this he had a knee replacement- both at the same time so his recovery time wouldn’t be x2. He was a tough old bird along with being a good man.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Really sad to hear this. Geezer really was a great man and I feel fortunate to have known, met, and shared conversations with him through the years. We didn't see eye to eye on some things but that's what makes us grow as humans. I was thinking about him the other day and how unfortunate it was that he would likely pass in the years to come. I'll never forget what he said once when someone asked him to share some wisdom. He said "you don't know half the things you think you know". He really was a salt-of-the-earth individual.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
View attachment 159642
This was at the first BuckeyCam shoot. His bow is laying there somewhere. He was waiting for us to get going on the range and wasn’t about to do it standing. I think it was a very short time after this he had a knee replacement- both at the same time so his recovery time wouldn’t be x2. He was a tough old bird along with being a good man.
He was still using the walker when he and I went too breakfast the first time. Said he told the Dr do em both cause I ain’t coming back a second time….