Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Giant Kansas Buck New World Record?!?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Rick, wasn't there a story or something about holes being cut in that fence so the deer could get out ? I remember hearing something about that. True or not, I don't know.
I will have to get ahold of Jamie my taxidermist and find out.
I guess several years ago someone cut a hole in the fence and approximately 30 deer got out. mostly Doe and fawns but a few were really good bucks.
The new owner has exotics. Recently have a Coyote dig underneath the fence and 14 javalena's got out. I guess a few of them have been shot but none have been returned to the pen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike and Big_Holla

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

Yep, it was an escapee.

Screenshot_20210916-140043_Chrome.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
I will have to get ahold of Jamie my taxidermist and find out.
I guess several years ago someone cut a hole in the fence and approximately 30 deer got out. mostly Doe and fawns but a few were really good bucks.
The new owner has exotics. Recently have a Coyote dig underneath the fence and 14 javalena's got out. I guess a few of them have been shot but none have been returned to the pen.
the guy who owns the property I hunt in Utica killed 6 of those escaped Javelina on their property. he thought they were pigs until he sent me the pics. I think there were 8 or 9 in the group, but some got away as he shot them all with his 9mm carry gun! they all had ear tags. game warden came out for a look and told Pat to just do whatever he wanted with the dead Javies.