Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good Luck

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good Luck out there with the smoke poles boys!! Hope to see some pics of dead critters when I check back in tomorrow.

Have fun! :smiley_cowboy:

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Good luck fellows,,

My buddy is hunting today..He's gonna keep me updated throughout the day.....he just texted me and I know he's on a set of good tracks right now..Ill keep u guys posted

Once we get on their tracks, they are in big trouble.. they will do all they can do to survive until darkness.

Last edited:

epe

Lancaster
In the blind now, nothing yet.

sent from my HTC evo

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
lol ..nice pic..

My buddy caught up to that deer..it was a lone doe or a shed buck..lol.who knows...He did run into 5 longbeards and is now looking for more tracks to follow.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Just got an update..

My buddy Jumped a giant around 1pm... tracked him down and got em around 3pm.....Bad cell service where he is...I cant get ahold of em to confirm it.

Ill know later on tonight.

...Actually..i finally got a hold of em..He was on a high point draggin em out..He did track down a nice one..It was oone hell of a chase but he finally got em..Ill get pics tonight.

Last edited:

huntn2

Hudson, OH
No luck for me today...heavy lake effect snows this morning where I was and nothing was moving...

A few pics from of my visibilty at 8:46 during this mornings hunt:

2011-01-08 08.46.20.jpg2011-01-08 08.46.23.jpg2011-01-08 08.46.28.jpg2011-01-08 08.46.31.jpg

epe

Lancaster
Long story short, I find a 150 + buck with another one bedded down , ( I am buck tagged out), go get my cousin, get him on him, they get up, move, we Chase them down. and even after me doubting him, HE shoots the WRONG buck!!!!! The big one promptly runs by me at 35 yards... third time I could have shot him during the fiasco...

sent from my HTC evo

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Long story short, I find a 150 + buck with another one bedded down , ( I am buck tagged out), go get my cousin, get him on him, they get up, move, we Chase them down. and even after me doubting him, HE shoots the WRONG buck!!!!! The big one promptly runs by me at 35 yards... third time I could have shot him during the fiasco...

sent from my HTC evo

Bummer!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No luck for me today...heavy lake effect snows this morning where I was and nothing was moving...

A few pics from of my visibilty at 8:46 during this mornings hunt:

View attachment 1061View attachment 1062View attachment 1063View attachment 1064

Me and the boy were skunked as well. He got cold around 4 so we went for a walk. Saw some fresh tracks and followed them. We saw an unidentified deer (snowing sideways couldn't see head). Moved ahead and tried to cut it off but never saw it again.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That is for you epe! Sounded frustrating.