Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's 2013-2014 Hunting Journal

Gordo

Athens County
Just got done celebrating. He's tuckered.

This was also the first deer harvested on our 8 acres since we bought it last year. That made it that much sweeter.

Perfect 25 yard shot right through the pump station. Deer made it about 45 yards. It felt good to get the hands bloody.

Gordo

Athens County
Hey Gordo... How is your pips getting along on his new wheels?

Pretty good. It was tougher then he thought it was going to be, but he's one of those guys that thinks he's a super human. The doc said 6-8 weeks until he could get around good, so my dad figured he'd be good to go in 2-3 weeks. Wrong!

At one point he was going to get both knees replaced at one time, but no doc would do it. He agrres he was crazy thinking that, and it would have been inhumane.

Hope i never have to go through that procedure!

Gordo

Athens County
This buck is killable right now. Tried to set my dad up on him early season. He saw him 3/3 hunts, just never got a shot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390677858.756654.jpg

I believe he's mature and wont amount to much more then what he is right now. I could take a crack at him, or i could just wait and grab up his sheds.

I have my afternoons cleared for a couple afternoons this week, so ill be putting some time in somewhere. Who knows, tomorrows cam checks might show something different to get on this last week.

Gordo

Athens County
Good luck Gordo. I've been following this thread waiting for you to get one.

Thanks joel. Been a heck of a year. My ass got schooled by the buck i was chasing for almost 3 months! Im still digesting that. He's a smart critter. Searching for his sheds could occupy my next 3 months. lol

Gordo

Athens County
Well boys, its a wrap!

Heck of a year.

I was on some great bucks, but Oct 18th gave me tunnel vision. A familiar face showed up, and from that point foreard it was him or nothing. He schooled my ass. Looking back there was plenty i would have done differently.

As usual, i look at things pretty positively.

By not tagging this deer, i'll be putting alot more time in off season. I'll be taking everything i learned this year and applying it to next year.

I'm excited for the off season and cranking things up a notch.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well boys, its a wrap!

Heck of a year.

I was on some great bucks, but Oct 18th gave me tunnel vision. A familiar face showed up, and from that point foreard it was him or nothing. He schooled my ass. Looking back there was plenty i would have done differently.

As usual, i look at things pretty positively.

By not tagging this deer, i'll be putting alot more time in off season. I'll be taking everything i learned this year and applying it to next year.

I'm excited for the off season and cranking things up a notch.

I really enjoyed following along with you this season Gordo! You left it on the field this season man! Now get out there and find those sheds of that beast! What better way to kick off the 2014 season than to continue with history like that then hopefully kill the beast this fall! Good luck buddy!

Gordo

Athens County
I really enjoyed following along with you this season Gordo! You left it on the field this season man! Now get out there and find those sheds of that beast! What better way to kick off the 2014 season than to continue with history like that then hopefully kill the beast this fall! Good luck buddy!

Thanks Ric. Much respect to you man. I take more away from your threads then you'll ever know, and really appreciatte the knowledge shared.

Its great to have old guys around...

J/k buddy! lol

I'll be going hard looking for them sheds. Finding them would be a beautiful thing.

Last edited: