Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's 2015 Season Log

Gordo

Athens County
Got a late start. Fresh property. Barely got my ass in there. Settled in at 5:40ish.

10 minites later a loner doe pops out the bedding area and walks the script. 12 yards. She was in heat or close. I could smell her stank ass. 2 other does followed 20 minutes later.

B back there in the morning. Ive been on top of the does. Gonna stick with that.

Feeling confident

Gordo

Athens County
Great idea man! If u could smell her you know they can! I expect a lot of chasing the next 5-7 days.

I couldnt believe there wasnt a buck on her ass.

Im hoping your right. I dont know what to expect anymore. My best rut hunts last year happened the 3rd week of november. Just gotta stay the course and hope for a tad bit of luck

Gordo

Athens County
Skunked tonight. Wind and rain highlighted the sit. Still was good to be out.

Looking like the same weather for tomorrow. Its pooring right now and heavy wind seems to be on its way.

Tomorrow will be the Perfect day to throw on some rain gear and do some light scouting. See if I can find an area that seems hot. Also be a good day to take care of some work so im freed up for the latter half of the week

Gordo

Athens County
Best sit of the year this morning.

Got stand hung and settled around 7:45 i believe.

Wasnt long after a loan doe pipped out of a thicket and worked her way by me. Heard a grunt once she passed, and a solid 2.5 year old 8 walked her same footsteps. 5 minutes after him an older dink came down the same path.

Them boys eventually caught up with one another and threw down about 75 yards away.

A little while after that, 2 separate does came ripping by a couple minutes apart.

Saw bodies in the distance from where they both came from but couldnt make them out. Forgot my damn binocs today.

Woods quieted down for a bit until 3 does foraged and then bedded down in the thick shit.

Saw one more doe being chased on my way out.

Sat as long as i could. Got other obligations for rest of day.

Fun sit!

Gordo

Athens County
This time of year for me it always seems its feast or famine. Picked the right spot this morning . Only the second time hunting this place this year.

Had three scrapes within 40 yards of where i set up. Freshies

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Well, if i can boycott the Browns game tomorrow im open to hunt all day.

No way i'll be out at the crack of dawn, but im going to shoot for a noonish until dark sit. Going big tonight so we'll see. Today was too good to not get after it tomorrow.

Gordo

Athens County
Heading out here shortly. Going back to the property i saw a shooter at, seems like that was forever ago.

This time around i'll be set up on the edge where i have seen the most rut activity and mature deer.

Im hiking in 20ft climbing stick to leave set. Plan on logging some hours at this spot the next couple weeks.

Gonna be wearing shorts and a fuggin tshirt. Its warm as shit down here.

Not a night to leave one lay.....

Last edited: