Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Groundhogs 2016

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Make sure you put the turkey facing away from where you think the yote will come from, that way he'll think he can sneak his bitch ass on in.

Thanks, hope he comes from the same direction lol... That farm you never know... Glad I didn't take a shot at em, maybe he won't be as wary when he comes back...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Very little where I was... I was sweating my ass off sitting there.... WSW when it did blow...

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Another one bites the dust. Got a little to close to the garden.

Gamo 17 (keep in kitchen), 40 yards, dropped him dead.

IMG_1885.JPG

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Nice going Al... Went out today and didn't see anything in the fields, one driving up the lane.... Did jump a nice buck going back to the truck....

Thank you J! I couldn't believe it smoked him, I keep the GAMO in the kitchen for critters near house/outbuilding that I simply don't want near house/outbuilding. It shoots hard and man it hits hard too. I have killed a few critters with it but not at 40 yards. I was happy to see him go right down.

Buckeyehunter59

Columbus
Me and a buddy want to go out groundhog hunting this weekend near Columbus. any advice on what public land to go to? I was thinking Delaware but open to suggestions.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Me and a buddy want to go out groundhog hunting this weekend near Columbus. any advice on what public land to go to? I was thinking Delaware but open to suggestions.

Can't say where to hunt them on public ground but look for open fields along the tree lines for them to poke their heads out... Grass this time of year is tall unless it's been cut so don't rule out stalking them... When doin this it's always good to have a shotgun along...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'd start knocking on doors. I don't see that many farmers telling you no on killing some hogs. Those fuggers can wreak havoc on crops.